Breakdown 💔

Virat had just returned back to the hotel after his date with his long time girlfriend. His look, disheveled and messy, anyone could say that he was not ok by just a glimpse of him.

And why not, her girlfriend just betrayed him by saying he wasn't good enough. That for her looks matter and he lacked the most in it.

Luckily everyone had slept by the time he returned and as soon as he reached his room, which he shared with Rohit, he slumped on the bed, falling asleep.

The next morning, Rohit got up late as usual but what surprised him more was that Virat, who was the literal definition of punctuality, was still asleep.

He knew something wasn't right with Virat, otherwise he wouldn't be sleeping this late.

" Virat, Virattttt....get up we're  late fir the practice." Rohit shook Virat to which he woke up with a jolt.

Virat was panting, thanks to his so called overthinking mind that made up the worst dreams to ever exist.

" Virat..what happened, are you fine?" Rohit asked, his voice slow and comforting.

" Yeahh..yeah.. I'm fine...nothing happened, it's just I guess I was liitle tired after yesterday's events." Virat said.

" What's the time by the way? " Virat asked.

" It's 9:30...and we've ti report to mahi bhai in 15 mins." Rohit spoke unaffected.

" Ohh..9:30. WHATTT ?? ITS 9:30, WE'VE TO REPORT IN 15 MINS, ROHIT HOW COULD YOU BE SO CHILL AT THIS MOMENT?? " Virat yelled.

" Maybe we're  in this situation because of some monkey who decided to be a sloth today and not wake up in time." Rohit contradicted.

" What did you call me? A monkey? Huh...what are you then...a good fir nothing Panda? Just eating and sleeping... Mai na karu kuch to hota hi nahi hai kuch tujhse." Virat retorted and slammed the bathroom door, to which Rohit rolled his eye at.

" Samjhta kya hai khud ko...pehle utho na phir merepe hi chillao...anyways you've still got 10 mins Rohit. No problem. You'll make it up to the mark." Rohit thought as he shuffled through his clothes.

" Be fast, you lazy ass panda." Virat yelled once Rohit went inside the washroom.

5 mins later :

" It's 2 mins remaining, what the hell are you doing infront of the mirror from so long come on we'll be late. It's not as if you'll start looking like some Hollywood or bollywood cahracter if you stare so long in mirror." Rohit yelled again once he was done with his shoe laces.

" Yeah...you're right. Let's go." Virat said, the sudden change in his demeanor made Rohit's face crunch in suspicion.

" You're 5 min and 40...45 seconds late Mr. Sharma and Mr. Kohli, now tell me what should I do with you guys. " Said Mahi bhai, once they reached to the ground.

" I'm sorry bhai, actually...umm..you know me I take a lot of effort and time to get waken up...so it's just that I took a little longer today I guess. Also this monkey started fughtung with me once I got up." Rohit said, scratching his head in embarrassment.

" Umm..no bhai, he is not telling you the truth. You know na I went yesterday to that date, I came late and was really tired so I could t get up early today and you know Rohit, he woke me up instead, he's just covering up things ans nothing else also I didn't strted the fight he did." Virat clarified and Mahi just internally grinned at them.

" No matter whose fault, and whose not, I will give you both punishment and that's it's, because rules are rules.
5 laps now. " Mahi ordered.

" Dekha Teri vajh se ho gya na late. Ab punishment bhi bhugatni padegi." Rohit tried getting any reaction from Virat but instead got a meek ' sorry '.

" I said now, go fast." Mahi said once he observed none of the lads moving from their position.

_________________________

Once their practice was finished, everyone departed to their respective rooms to rest for a while before the evening snacks.

" What happened Virat, you're not yourself I've been observing this thing since morning." Rohit said, unable to bear the silence that spread in the room.

" Nothing much, Rohit. Okk...tell me you'll answer this honestly and really sincerely, will you?" Virat asked.

" Depends on the question you ask.." Rohit replied.

" It's no joke Rohit, I'm serious when I say this." Virat said once again making Rohit aware that he really is serious.

" Hmm ..ask now, what happened? " Rohit asked putting his hand in Virat's fidgeting one.

" Umm...do you think that like I'm not worth dating, like I lack in looks or something else..." Virat asked, uncertainty lacing his meek voice.

And that's when it clicked Rohit that maybe his girlfriend would've broken up with him.

" And why do you think so..? Just because someone told you or I saw told some rubbish ti you...you're focusing in it this much taht you'll let it distress yourself this much. " Rohit replied.

" But maybe she's right...maybe that's the reason everyone leaves me so easily...maybe I'm really not worth it..maybe I'm really not worth love and care." Virat started, his eyes starting to well up.

" Maybe that's the reason papa left me too...maybe he wasn't proud of me enough. Maybe he didn't trust me enough that I'll make it up to the national team. He didn't ever see me playing for my country, the person who introduced me to cricket and made me fall in love with it, didn't see me play for my country....maybe I'm really not worth anything, not the parents I have, not my brother, not the captain as supportive as mahi bhai and nit even you, I don't, I just don't deserve anyone....specially you Rohit, you're there fir me everytime. I don't deserve you...." Virat continued as tears fell freely from his eyes.

Rohit, who couldn't get what just happened, hugged Virat to which Virat broke down even more, muttering things to himself.

" And who told you don't deserve me...hmm? Who did ? Vi,  you deserve everything in this world, and when I say this, I mean it...I really do. You're perfect just the way you are. If someone wants to change you, the way you are...then trust me they don't really love you...the person who'll love you, will never want you to get changed, they'll accept the way you are, no matter how..trust me Vi, trust me." Rohit said, in a reassuring tone.

" And about your father, Vi trust me when I say this, no one is as proud of you as he is. He is just here with you Vi, in every step of your life, in every stroke of your bat, he is, his blessings and love is with you at every point of your life. He must have not seen his son play for his country but he surely had seen that hunger in you Vi, and he knew that you'll make it up to the mark. He's just as proud as your mother is or maybe more than that, who knows..." Rohit continued and Virat just snuggled more into him.

" You know...these reassuring-s of yours, they just make me feel that I don't deserve you...but you know what  I don't deserve you, nor do I want you because I need you, Rohit. I need you with me in every step of my life." Virat said, and Rohit just looked at him in amazement.

It had been just a month since they met and now, they share the type of bond people take years to make. They know when the other is sad or not well..they know when the other need them and when to leave them alone.

They know each other better than anyone in the team, and that's what makes them what they are...

--------------------------------------------------------- 

1332 words guys.
I know it's not good, even though I'm not confident in posting this but I really need to do this before I ghost you guys for months.

A/n : I'm really sorry guys but I won't be updating any of the books now. I am now trying to get over Wattpad fever for a while and the best way to do that is to delete it.
I know this is not done but I really need to focus on my studies and I really promise once I'm done with my boards I'll come back with a blast. It's only a matter of a few months but that costs everything.
That really does and I don't want to ruin my future with my own hands. I'm really concerned about studies right now and I really hope you all will understand the situation too.

Bye bye guys....
Until next time....

Till then,
Take care,
Spread love.
And I love you all....