Snow day

The next morning, Bella woke to find the world outside transformed into a winter wonderland. The snow from the night before had settled thickly on the ground, covering everything in a blanket of white. She could hardly wait to get outside and enjoy the fresh snow with Mia.

After breakfast, the girls bundled up in warm clothes, though Bella couldn't resist staying true to herself by skipping the boots and opting to go barefoot. Mia raised an eyebrow as she watched Bella tug on her coat and gloves but leave her feet bare.

"Are you seriously going out there without shoes?" Mia asked, her voice a mix of amusement and disbelief.

Bella grinned, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Of course! How else am I going to feel the snow between my toes?"

Mia shook her head with a smile. "You're something else, Bella."

With that, they stepped outside into the crisp, cold air. Bella's feet sank into the soft snow, and she let out a delighted squeal as the icy chill made contact with her skin. It was cold, but it was also exhilarating—she loved the feeling of being connected to the earth, even in winter.

Mia followed close behind, her boots crunching in the snow as she watched Bella's bare feet leave perfect, delicate footprints in the snow. There was something almost magical about the sight of those tiny prints, leading away from the house and across the yard.

"You're going to freeze your toes off," Mia teased, though there was a fondness in her voice that betrayed her concern.

Bella turned to look at Mia, her cheeks flushed with cold but her smile wide and carefree. "I'm fine! I love this feeling. It's like I'm walking on a cloud."

Mia shook her head again, though she couldn't help but smile. "You're one of a kind, you know that?"

As they walked further into the yard, Mia couldn't resist the playful urge building up inside her. She had noticed how Bella's feet were especially sensitive, and the sight of those bare soles peeking out from under the snow was too tempting to ignore.

Without warning, Mia lunged forward and grabbed Bella's ankle, pulling her down into the snow with a soft thud. Bella let out a surprised yelp, landing on her back in the fluffy snow, her laughter ringing out through the chilly air.

"Mia! What are you—" Bella started to protest, but before she could finish, Mia pounced, her fingers darting to Bella's exposed feet.

Bella's laughter doubled as Mia's fingers found the sensitive spots on her soles, tickling them with expert precision. The cold of the snow mixed with the sensation of Mia's warm hands, making Bella's skin tingle even more.

"M-Mia! Stop!" Bella managed to gasp out between giggles, her body wriggling and squirming in an attempt to escape the ticklish assault.

But Mia wasn't about to let up so easily. She grinned down at Bella, her own laughter mingling with Bella's as she continued to tickle her friend's feet, relishing the way Bella's toes curled in response.

"You wanted to feel the snow, didn't you?" Mia teased, her voice light and playful. "Well, now you're really feeling it!"

Bella tried to push Mia away, but her strength was no match for the ticklish onslaught. She was laughing so hard that tears began to form in the corners of her eyes, and her cheeks were flushed from both the cold and the exertion.

"Okay, okay! I give up!" Bella finally cried out, her laughter still bubbling up uncontrollably.

Mia grinned victoriously and finally relented, though she stayed close, lying down beside Bella in the snow. The two of them were breathless and giggly, their faces close as they caught their breath.

"Truce?" Mia asked, a playful twinkle in her eye.

"Truce," Bella agreed, still smiling widely. "But only because I don't think I can handle another round of that."

Mia chuckled and reached out to brush a stray snowflake from Bella's cheek. "You're such a goof, going barefoot in the snow."

Bella shrugged, her smile softening. "It's just who I am. And besides, I have you to keep me warm."

Mia's heart melted at the sweet words, and she leaned in to give Bella a soft kiss. The cold air around them seemed to vanish for a moment, replaced by the warmth of their connection.

When they finally pulled apart, Bella looked down at the snow-covered ground and wiggled her toes. "We should probably head back inside before I really do lose my toes to frostbite."

Mia nodded in agreement, though she couldn't resist one last playful poke at Bella's side as they got to their feet. "Good idea. But next time, maybe wear some socks at least."

"Maybe," Bella said with a grin, though they both knew she'd be barefoot again the next chance she got.

Hand in hand, they made their way back to the house, their laughter and the sight of Bella's footprints in the snow leaving a trail of warmth and joy behind them. The world around them was cold and white, but inside, they carried the warmth of their love and friendship—something that no amount of snow could ever freeze.