13: Warren

(Unedited)

(Unedited)

Jess babbled happily as I lifted her up into the air and blew a raspberry against her stomach. She was giggling happily as I brought her back down on the floor and made her sit up. She looked up at me expectantly, her tongue hanging out of her mouth as she bounced up and down in her spot.

I laughed at her cuteness with a hearty laugh. She was so cute and energetic that I couldn't help myself to smiling. "Hey Warren." I frowned instantly and didn't bother to turn, respond or acknowledge his presence. "Are you ever going to acknowledge my presence?"

"I thought my silence served as a feasible response." I deadpanned before noticing Jess had smuggled my phone into her tiny grip and placed the tip into her mouth, scratching her gums against it and I huffed before prying her tiny fingers gently off my phone which wasn't easy. Babies have a very strong grip.

"Where's your mother?" He asked as he noticed some misaligned trinkets and knick-knacks before putting then back in perfect alignment. OCD much?

"Church." I said. "Arielle tagged along."

"Why didn't you go?" He questioned and I rolled my eyes.

"Jess was fussy." I said as I handed the girl in question a teddy bear since she was crying a bit after I took my phone away and her crying ceased a bit.

"I'm sure you're glad you have an excuse." Dad said and I rolled my eyes.

"Uh-huh," I mocked. "My atheism is no secret. What's your excuse?"

He glared at me. "I'm a very busy..."

"Well respected Judge." I mimicked his voice before rolling my eyes. "Just because you judge man doesn't mean you have the right to ignore God who will judge you in the end."

"What right do you have talking about religion?" He scoffed. "You threw it away a long time ago."

"Religion was made for everyone to talk about." I huffed. "I have the liberty to talk about it. Unlike you... at least I know where I stand with God. Rather be in denial than in blasphemy."

He shook his head at me before dropping the topic. "Are you out of meds yet?"

I rolled my eyes before tutting at him pitifully. "Since when did you care?"

"I'm your father." He said. "It's part of the job description."

"Is crappy part of the job description because in that department, you get a 12/10." I said and he glared daggers at me but I chuckled at him. "What... are you suddenly a saint?"

"Drop it, will you?" He hissed at me.

I smirked at him before deciding to drop it but I knew the conversation was far from over. I turned my attention to Jessica who gurgled again before making a deep groan with her tongue sticking out.