𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

The sun had long since dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow over the bustling streets of Bangkok. The city, alive with its usual hustle and bustle, seemed almost distant as Vegas and Pete navigated their way through the evening. They had spent the day together, exploring the vibrant street markets, sampling delicious local street food, and sharing laughter over the various quirks of Bangkok's nightlife. It was one of those days where the hours seemed to slip away effortlessly, leaving them both feeling exhilarated and content.

As the sky darkened and the stars began to twinkle, Vegas's excitement grew. He had something special planned for the evening—an invitation Pete had been curious about all day. With a glint in his eye, Vegas turned to Pete as they neared his apartment building.

"Hey, Pete," Vegas said, his voice tinged with excitement. "Want to come up to the rooftop with me?"

Pete looked at him, eyebrows raised in curiosity. "What's up there that's so special?"

Vegas's grin widened. "You'll see. Trust me, it's worth it."

Pete hesitated for a moment, then shrugged. "Alright, you've piqued my curiosity. Lead the way."

They entered the building and took the elevator up to the top floor. The ride was quick, but the anticipation in the air seemed to stretch each second. When the elevator doors opened, Pete stepped out first, and his eyes widened in awe.

"Wow," Pete breathed, taking in the panoramic view of the city. The skyline stretched out before them, a glittering tapestry of lights and towering skyscrapers, their brilliance magnified by the evening's gentle breeze.

Vegas stood beside him, a look of satisfaction on his face. "Told you it was worth it. I love coming up here to unwind and take in the view."

Pete nodded, still absorbing the breathtaking sight. "It's incredible. I don't think I've ever seen Bangkok like this before."

They wandered to the edge of the rooftop, the cool evening air ruffling their hair. For a few moments, they simply stood there in silence, letting the vast expanse of the city wash over them.

Vegas, feeling the weight of the moment, took a deep breath. He turned to Pete, his voice carrying a hint of nervousness. "Pete, can we talk about something?"

Pete glanced at him, sensing the seriousness in Vegas's tone. "Sure, what's up?"

Vegas's heart raced as he gathered his thoughts. "I've been thinking a lot about us lately. About our friendship and what it means to me."

Pete met his gaze, his expression serious. "Yeah?"

Vegas nodded, his heart pounding. "You mean a lot to me, Pete. More than just as a friend. I've been feeling something deeper, and I think it's time I told you."

Pete's eyes widened, and he took a step closer. "Vegas, I—"

Before Pete could finish, Vegas took a deep breath, his voice trembling slightly. "Pete, I've been feeling the same way. I've been trying to make sense of it all, but it's been clear to me for a while now that my feelings for you go beyond friendship."

Pete's face lit up with a mixture of relief and joy. "Really? I wasn't sure if you felt the same way. I was afraid that it might ruin what we have."

Vegas reached out, gently placing his hand on Pete's cheek. "You have nothing to worry about. I want us to explore these feelings together. I want to be with you."

Pete's eyes glistened as he took a step closer, closing the distance between them. "I'm so glad you feel that way. I've been wanting to tell you for so long, but I didn't want to risk losing you."