𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10: 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

As Bangkok transitioned from the rainy season to the dry season, the city's air grew warmer and drier. The change in weather brought a sense of renewal and opportunity, much like the new chapter unfolding for Pete and Vegas.

One bright morning, as they enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in Vegas's apartment, Pete seemed unusually pensive. He absently pushed his toast around his plate, lost in thought. Vegas, noticing Pete's distraction, decided to break the silence.

"Pete, you've been awfully quiet today," Vegas said, his voice gentle. "Is everything okay?"

Pete glanced up, meeting Vegas's concerned gaze. "Actually, there is something I've been meaning to talk to you about."

Vegas's curiosity was piqued. "What's on your mind?"

Pete took a deep breath, his fingers nervously fidgeting with his coffee cup. "I've been thinking about moving to another dorm. The place I'm in now is a bit far from the university, and it's been causing me some logistical issues. I thought maybe it's time for a change."

Vegas's eyes widened slightly, and he leaned forward, his expression thoughtful. "Another dorm? I thought you were happy there."

Pete shook his head. "It's not that I'm unhappy. It's just inconvenient, especially with our busy schedules. I've been considering a place that's closer to campus, but..."

Vegas's face lit up with an idea. "What if you didn't have to move to another dorm? My apartment is only a short walk from the university. You could stay here with me."

Pete's eyes widened in surprise. "Really? You'd be okay with that?"

Vegas nodded, a reassuring smile on his face. "Absolutely. It would be more convenient for both of us, and it's not like we're strangers. We've been spending so much time together already."

Pete's expression softened, a mixture of relief and excitement washing over him. "That sounds perfect. I didn't want to impose or change things between us."

Vegas reached across the table, taking Pete's hand in his. "You're not imposing. I want us to be closer, and this seems like the next step. What do you think?"

Pete's smile grew brighter, his heart swelling with emotion. "I think it's a great idea. I'd love to stay here with you."

The following days were a whirlwind of packing and organizing. Pete's dorm room, filled with the familiar clutter of his university life, was transformed into a flurry of cardboard boxes and memories. Vegas was a constant presence, helping Pete sort through his belongings and offering support.

One evening, as they packed up the last few items, Pete looked around the emptying room with a mix of nostalgia and excitement. "It's strange seeing everything packed up. It feels like I'm leaving a part of myself behind."

Vegas, folding a stack of clothes, looked up and smiled. "I understand. It's a big change, but it's also a new beginning. We're starting this chapter together, and that's what matters."

Pete nodded, his heart full. "And having you by my side makes it all the more special."

The final box was packed, and they loaded everything into Vegas's car. The drive back to Vegas's apartment was filled with a comfortable silence, both lost in their thoughts about the future.

The first night in Vegas's apartment was both exhilarating and comforting. Pete's belongings were scattered around the new space, and the apartment was alive with the energy of their combined lives. They spent the evening rearranging furniture and unpacking boxes, their movements synchronized and efficient.

One of the first tasks was setting up a shared workspace in the living area. Pete placed his stack of broadcasting books and equipment on one side of the desk, while Vegas organized his engineering tools and notes on the other.