十一

. . . ➾ ˗ˏˋ [Yellow Boy] ࿐

 ➾ ˗ˏˋ [Yellow Boy] ࿐

You stand in the middle of the road, surrounded by rice fields, with a human leech attached to your side. He's on his knees, arms wrapped around your waist like a vice, and his face buried in your stomach. He's wailing like a wounded animal, his high-pitched voice grating on your nerves.

"YOU ARE AN ANGEL! MARRY ME, PLEASE!" he shrieks, his words echoing through the air like a bad joke.

You roll your eyes so hard they get stuck that way. This guy is literally the last person on earth you'd consider marrying. 

He's got a  downward-sloped eyes that fade from brown to gold, and short, uneven yellow hair that falls in front of his face. He wears a pale brown version of the Demon Slayer uniform, complete with a yellow-and-orange gradient haori, and hakama pants. 

But despite all this, you have to admit... he looks cute. But not your type. Too clingy. So, no, just no.

But what's even more ridiculous is how you ended up here. You were on a mission to Tsuzumi Mansion, where your crow Seiu had tipped you off about demons lurking within the walls. You were determined to eradicate it, but then you saw this boy clinging to another girl in the exact same way. You pulled his collar, releasing the girl from his grasp. She thanked you profusely and quickly scurried away.

And then, before you could even process what just happened, the boy's arms wrapped around your waist, and he started wailing again. You're still trying to wrap your head around how this happened. One minute you're on a mission to hunt down a demon, and the next, you're stuck with a clingy, whiny mess of a human being who refuses to take no for an answer. It's like the universe decided to play a cruel joke on you.

You let out a dramatic sigh, your eyes still closed in exasperation. You're stuck with this...this...thing attached to your side, and you still have to find and eradicate that demon. Congrats!

The young man's face twisted in a sob, his voice escalating to a ear-piercing shriek. "PLEASE!" he wailed, his body convulsing with sobs. "Please! Please! Please! Please marry me! I could die any day you know! That's why I want you to marry me!" 

Tears streamed down his face like a river of despair as he begged, his voice cracking with desperation. He clutched at your clothes with a vice-like grip, holding on to you as he repeated his plea. "So please! Please, I'm begging you!"