. . . ➾ ˗ˏˋ [Training] ࿐

 ➾ ˗ˏˋ [Training] ࿐

Sanemi's eyes narrow, his gaze piercing as he surveys you from head to toe. "You think you're ready for this?" he growls, his voice like a rough stone scraping against metal. 

You nod, determination burning brighter than ever, but he cuts you off with a skeptical tone, "Do you even know how to hold a katana?" You shake your head, and Sanemi's expression turns grim, his response a curt "Figures." 

He takes his katana, the blade glinting in the morning light. "Watch me." He turns towards you, his eyes gleaming with a fierce intensity. "I'll show you how it's done."

Sanemi holds the katana with a firm and controlled grip, his hands positioned precisely on the hilt. His grip is relaxed yet firm, with a slight tension in his fingers. He wields the katana with a smooth and efficient motion, using his wrist and forearm to guide the blade. The weight of the katana is well-balanced, and Sanemi handles it with ease, showing no signs of strain or effort.

Sanemi hands you the katana, his eyes narrowing as he watches you hold it. He takes your hand, his grip rough but precise, and adjusts your fingers on the hilt. He demonstrates, his hand wrapping around yours, guiding your fingers into the correct position. His touch is firm, but not unkind, and you feel a surge of electricity at the contact.

He steps back, his eyes critical, and nods curtly. "Now try it."

You take a deep breath, trying to mimic the grip Sanemi showed you. Your fingers feel awkward at first, but as you focus, you start to feel the balance of the katana, the weight of it in your hand. Sanemi watches, his expression unreadable, as you hold the katana. After a moment, he nods, a small, curt motion. "Not bad."

During the first month, you could barely hold the katana without feeling like you were going to drop it. Sanemi's grip was like a vice, and his corrections were harsh, but you knew you needed to learn.

During the second month, you were able to hold the katana for longer periods, and your grip started to feel more natural. Sanemi was still hard on you, but you could sense a hint of approval when you got it right.

By the third month, you could actually execute a few decent strikes.