CHAPTER 5 : Confrontation

Ash: Lillie!

Lillie: Ash.

She slowly made her way towards the still surprised Ash and stood in front of him. Ash was now a foot taller than her and she stared into his brown tear-filled eyes somehow understanding the hurt and pain hidden behind them. Call it lovers' intuition or whatever you want. She wrapped her arms around him and engulfed him in a comfortable hug. Ash, feeling the great comfort, hugged her back. He had waited so long for her and she finally came back to him.

???: Hey Lil- Oh. 

Gladion stopped when he saw the couple enjoying their moment. The usual stoic face of Gladion faltered a little, breaking into a small smile, seeing his sister reunite with her love after an entire year, especially considering how much the said love had to go through. But seeing that it was getting late and they had a lot to do after getting home, and also that he was also a little jealous of Ash since he had no one to hug him like that, not that he would admit it, he coughed trying to gain their attention.

The duo in question snapped out of their trance, Lillie a little flustered along with Ash, who regained his composure soon enough and sent a slight glare at the blond guy.

Gladion: Oh, do not give me that look Ash. You guys have the entire day tomorrow.

Ash: You are just jealous that you do not have someone to hug you like I have Lillie.

A tick mark appeared on the Alola champion's forehead while a smirk appeared on Ash's face since he had seemingly hit the jackpot.

Gladion: W-whatever. We have a lot of work to do.

Ash: Party pooper.

He walked forward while intentionally bumping into Ash who still had his smirk in place while Lillie was just dumbfounded. She never thought in her wildest dreams that her brother would actually want anything to do with something like relationships, which according to the young Alola champion was something trivial... Well, there is a first time for everything huh ?

The other two members of the Aether family soon came out of the ship as well. Lusamine was really glad to see Ash doing well especially since she also knew what had transpired in the boy's life after the Alola League. She gave him a hug and then introduced him to her husband Mohn. It was Mohn's first time meeting Ash but he was quite impressed by the maturity the boy had, which was quite unlike what he had earlier heard from his wife and children.

After a while of catching up with the professors, both families went on ahead towards their homes.

------------------------------

Upon reaching Kukui's house, Ash slumped against the sofa, having a pleasant smile while having his eyes closed. Just when he was about to dose off, the doorbell rang. Seeing that no one was in the living room, Ash groaned and got up to check the door.

Ash: Oh, hey guys, what's up ?

Ash saw two familiar individuals at the door.