Chapter 4: What the fuck is that?!

Alice peaked her head around the corner. She stepped in, followed by Alex and Abby. They all held a plastic bag each, containing plastic takeaway containers. Alice handed Tracy one and smiled at her warmly, then handing Lucas his own.

They sat in a circle at the foot of the bed, talking about the days events awkwardly. They were trying their hardest to avoid the main problem. Abby shoved some noodles into her mouth before speaking up. "This reminds me of home." She spoke, mouth full. Tracy looked up at her with a confused looked. "Tío knows how to cook though? Mamá said that he used to cook for her and Abuela all the time?" Tracy put down her empty container and moved it behind her.

"Yeah, he just makes noodles a lot, don't know why. Dad likes them though." The shorter girl shrugged and finished her food. Lucas snorted softly, he found it funny that he was learning  about their families.

"What about you Lucas? What's your house like?" Alice sat up and put her container under Alex's as he finished up, he was always a slow eater. While Lucas was usually put on the spot, he didn't like it. "Well, my parents are pretty social people, and I've got an older sister? I'm not that special I guess?" He voiced, tracy following with an amused exhale. She stood up and walked behind Abby, bobbing down and giving her a hug from behind. Then moving to Alice and Alex. Alice making a stifled noise.

Tracy was like her mother in many ways, she was a sweet and innocent girl that got along with people. She was never classified into the group of popular girls and she was never classified into the so called "weird" kids. She was just her own person that had a lot of friends. And she liked being that way, most of the time at least.

A few hours passed, they had played board games like twister, operation and monopoly. The clock hit 11:00 and Alex yawned. They were all pretty tired. They tried to distract them selves as much as they could from the pencil, carving on the table, and of course the creature they saw earlier. They all got into bed, saying good night.

Alice layed in bed, staring at the ceiling. It was quite a weird coincidence that they had been to the exact locations as their parents. She sighed quietly and checked her phone. 11:30. She groaned softly, knowing she wouldn't fall asleep for at least the next hour.

———

Alice's eyes opened. She checked her surroundings, like her mother always said to do when she woke up.

The bus? What was she doing on back on the bus? And why did it seem so red?

"Alice? C'mon we're here."

She looked up and saw her brother, although something was off, his eyes were way darker than usual, and...his face...it just seemed off. She hesitantly stood up and followed him out of the bus, only there weren't any other students except her cousins, which made sense, and Lucas?

My stupid brain could have picked anyone but it chose Lucas?! Dumbass...

She thought to herself, shaking her head.

She doesn't like Lucas that much.

Out of absolutely no where her head started spinning and her ears were ringing. She brought her hands to her ears and squeezed, closing her eyes tight.

The ringing stopped. The spinning stopped. She was in her bed. But something was still wrong. Everything was still red. Alice shot up quickly and let out an unstable sigh, looking to her side. Tracy was stirring and Abby was still spread out on her bed, the blanket had fallen off the bed. Of course it did.

"Alice...? What up?" Tracy sat up, rubbing her eyes and running a hand through her soft hair. "Uh, nothing just...had a dream...I think.." Alice swung her legs off the bed.

You're going to die soon.'

"What was- AH!" She screamed as she was pulled down by the ankle. She kicked back with her other leg and scrambled away, reaching for her beaten up boot her mum gave her for Christmas.

What the fuck...no no no no...this isn't happening!!

It moved. She swung the boot at it, the knife ejected from the front of the boot, impaling it head.

"What the fuck is that!?" Tracy yelled as she helped Alice to her feet. Lucas and Alex ran into the girls side of the room, Alex stole his sister away from Tracy, trapping her in a hug.

Lucas looked down. His eyes widening. Abby, who had just woken up hugged Tracy.

"Hey Alex..?"
"Ye-yeah.?"
"D'you think...the sorrel house...d'you think that was..." Alice mumbled, shaking in his arms.

"Yeah...yeah I think it was..."