A princess in love

The tranquil stillness of dawn was suddenly pierced by the joyful laughter of a girl darting across the palace grounds of Dwaraka. The melodic chime of her anklets filled the air as she dashed through the garden, playfully pursuing her cat. "Yami, you little rascal, come back here!" This was their cherished morning ritual. Yami delighted in these playful moments with her mama. After a brief but spirited chase, Vrishali finally caught up with Yami.

They settled by the serene pond at the heart of the garden, where Yami loved to gaze at her reflection. Nestled in her mama's lap, she watched their mirrored images dance on the water's surface. Vrishali pondered what thoughts swirled in Yami's mind as she studied their reflections.

Why does mama look so different from me?

With a gentle stroke of Yami's fur, she chuckled at the innocent curiosity.

Just two years back, Yami had been a fragile, abandoned kitten found in the very same garden , just born, hungry and alone. Vrishali had taken her in, nurturing her and forming an unbreakable bond.

As she gazed into the water, Vrishali admired her own reflection. The beauty she had cherished since childhood had blossomed into something even more profound.

Her enchanting eyes mirrored the lotus blossoms floating nearby, and her smile sent a flutter through her heart. Every feature seemed crafted for a queen destined to rule the cosmos. A single tear slipped down her cheek, creating ripples in the pond—a silent confession to herself. Yami, sensing her mama's shift in mood, looked up with concern. Her mama was always the one filled with laughter and joy. She meowed softly, seeking reassurance.

Vrishali smiled, "It's alright, Yami. Your mama is just falling in love."