#1

Prologue

A new mission! Finding Wallace D. Fillot!

"Breaking news! The Whitebeard pirates are at large once again!" Flittered the enthused announcer through the old graveled speakers.

It was a sunny day in the North sea, blue skies stretching all around save for the occasional towering clouds in the distance.

"The Goshi islands are now officially within Whitebeard's territory after a deciding battle between their second division commander; Fire Fist Ace, and one of Kaido's numerous fleets. The entirely one sided battle ended in the complete destruction of Goshi's largest city; Joyo, catapulting monstrous waves onto neighboring islands. None were injured and all the lower villages remain completely unravaged."

There was an honest chuckle from a lean, muscular man crouched by the edge of his skid. He seemed to be lazily watching the waves with no concern at all. From under his tanned leather cowboy hat adorned with precious red beads and blue glasses, one might just catch the proud grin growing on his features. "Sounds like a nice guy."

He chewed peacefully on a banana as the news drawled on, filling the afternoon ocean air.

On the other hand, he clutched the silly transponder snail decorated with a tiny replica of his own cow-boy hat, freckles, and a lazy smirk. He swore it was almost creepy. It was deathly old, its crumbling shell messily painted with flames by what honestly looked like a seven-year-old's hand. By all natural and mechanical laws, it should not still be working. Yet, it did.

That's Luffy's darn luck right there. Impossible, but very contradictory.

"Ca-lick."

The man turned off the live feed as he finished a last bite of his banana, tossing the peel out behind him.

"Barabarabara. Barabarabara," Quickly swallowing before turning to the ringing transponder snail with furrowed brows.

Who would be calling him through an open line?

Carefully, the pirate approached. He gingerly reached for the receiver and held it up to his ear.

"Ca-chick—"

"ACE!" Roared a voice, making the young pirate – Ace — violently startle backwards.

"M-Marco?"

"WHERE ARE YOU — YOI!?"

"Woah, woah," came a separate chuckle through the receiver. "I've never seen you this worked up before, Marco..."

"Is that Thatch with you?" Ace asked hopefully, trying to escape the imminent anger radiating from the oldest division captain.

"Yes, he's with me – yoi!" growled Marco, "Just like the rest of the crew has been for the past two days, waiting for you!"

Hushed whispers and mutters could be heard from followed by a 'I am calm – yoi!'

Ace could hear Marco's deep sigh as he steadied himself back to the transponder, evidently much more collected. However, when he spoke, Ace could still clearly hear the grit in his words like sand.

"Sorry –yoi. It's been a long day. Try not to reveal anything over this frequency, it's an open line – yoi," Marco grumbled. "Anyway, we've got Pops and Thatch here. I'll be outside – yoi. We're down a member in the second division after Gusso settled."

He choked.

"I'm sorry — what!?"

"You didn't know!?" Came a very concerned Thatch, followed by a thunderous crash that must have been Marco being violently thrown to the side.