Chapter One Hundred and Twelve

💕Author's Note: Hey, gorgeous! Read ahead by becoming a patron at www

💕Author's Note: Hey, gorgeous! Read ahead by becoming a patron at www.EmendedHearts.com/join

💗💗💗

The tick-tock of the clock in the distance signals that a second has gone by.

Two seconds.

Three.

I deliberate internally, my breaths growing shallower with each rhythmic sound as his loaded question hangs heavily in the air and adds to the already present, overbearing tension between us.

I force myself to think in spite of the web of panic weaving itself inside every inch of my trembling body, weighing my options carefully.

- One: Endure utter humiliation as a stranger cleans up my bodily fluids from under me while I watch, confined to a chair like a depraved prisoner.

- Two: Get a third of the money promised to me for being here taken away before I've even begun.

Or...

"I don't have all night, Ramona," Frost's voice catapults me out of my jumbled thoughts, startling me with its depth. My heart pounds even faster against the urgency his words evoke. I blink rapidly, hating how anxious he's making me.

Feeling lightheaded all over again, I take the deepest, most strained breath I ever have, my chest heaving with the effort. With gritted teeth, I force my lips to part against the tension that's keeping them taut, my eyes on anything but his.

"Option three," I say breathlessly, the two simple words leaving me in a raspy, reluctant whisper. I swallow hard, my throat working against a colossal mass that seems to have lodged itself in it permanently, as if the action will pacify the unease I feel about what I just said.

About the choice I just made.

I wish I felt more sure of my decision, but fuck if this isn't a lose-lose situation for me all around.

"I'll take the punishment," I elaborate, my gaze dropping to my thighs in resignation, hoping that saying it out loud will somehow help me brace myself for said punishment. But all it does is make me more afraid. In spite of my efforts to stay calm, I'm visibly shaking, quivering with a sense of fear I've never felt before as I try not to imagine what Frost's idea of punishment entails.

Oh God, maybe I made a mistake...

No, no! This was the right choice, all things considered. There's no way in hell I'd go with option one. And the second option is out of the question. The whole reason I'm even here in the first place is because of the money. It would make absolutely no sense to give any of it up now, right at the start of the very first session, especially when I still have the whole weekend to contend with.

Besides, this man's already put me through torture tonight. What's a little more, right?

Right?