Chapter 2 : The Accident

There is chaos everywhere, a ghastly accident just occured and there may be no survivors
Portia is being rushed to the hospital on a stretcher, with oxgyen and drips. Blood stains all over her body. She is barely breathing. Who knows what might happen?

Elonis' POV
This is all my fault. If only I followed her, this wouldn't have happened.
How could I have been this irresponsible?. I know how she acts when she's angry, yet I allowed her go off on her own. I'm so stupid.
'How could u allow this happen to her. She is ur responsibility ", my mom screamed.
Portia's mom was in a daze. I went and knelt down in front of her and said,
"Its all my fault. I knew she was angry but I refused to follow her home. Please forgive me".
"Don't blame urself son. She is 16 for heaven's sake. She is old enough to take care of herself ", Portia's mom said.
"He is to blame. How could he leave her like that? He promised to look after her since they were kids. He is the older one for goodness sake", my mom countered.
My mom is right, i'm the older one, I should have looked after properly. I know that is careless, yet I allowed her go off on her own.
The doctor came in breaking me out of my thoughts.
"The accident did a lot of damage to her brain. She is in a very critical condition. Many people in her situation don't survive accidents like this. But she is a fighter, she will manage to pull through. Mind u, it will take a long time. Unfortunately, she might have amnesia. Like I said before, the accident affected her brain, so she might no remember any of you. She is in the ICU right now, but she will be moved to her private room tomorrow "

I had mixed feelings after the doctor said this. She is a fighter, so she will be able to pull through but when she eventually does, she might not remember me.

-------------------------------------------------
Two months now and Portia had still not woken up. Elonis has been going to the hospital everyday to take care of her.
School became boring for Elonis and everyone else. Portia always made the class lively with her crazy acts but now, there is no one else to do that.
The teachers miss their best student.
The situation is worse at home.
Portia's mom and dad are always moody. Portia's mom cries all the time, with no one to shout at, she has become so lonely.
Elonis' mom keeps frustrating him at home.
She blames him for everything that happened to Portia.
------------------------------------------------
Its the third month after Portia's accident. Its a Saturday. Everyone is there at the hospital.
Something happened all of a sudden. Portia moved her fingers and started sneezing. Elonis was the one in the room with her. He rushed to call the doctor.
"She is awake", the doctor said
Everyone was so happy
Elonis raised her up and hugged her, telling her how much he missed and how sorry he was .
"WHO ARE YOU", Portia asked.