Chapter 492: Lightly Held The Little Bun In Her Embrace

Qin Mufeng rubbed his nose after being scolded, "But there aren't any other better options now..."

Sigh, actually, he knew that his suggestion was a hard one to pull off. It was very difficult for him to even blurt it out. Only after an intense battle of his thoughts did he say it.

As a psychologist himself, he eventually had to rely on someone like Jennie who was not from the industry. He was truly ashamed of himself...

As she watched Leo's condition become increasingly serious, Mother Manoban cried until she was about to faint of exhaustion. Father Manoban too was shaken and could not hold on any longer.

Lisa cursed under his breath and called Jennie in the end, "Jen..."

"Lisa! How's Leo? Is he okay? Is it not too big of a deal?" Jennie impatiently asked in one breath.

It was hard for Lisa to say, "You...just come in! Wait, I'll go outside to get you!"

After he hung up, Lisa quickly walked out of the door.

Mother Manoban became anxious when she saw Lisa actually walking out. "Lisa, Leo is already like this, where are you going?!"

Lisa did not reply, continuing to make quick and long strides. He did not even turn around and just walked out.

At the courtyard gate, Jennie had gotten down from the car and was walking back and forth outside. She would look at the courtyard nervously from time to time.

She finally saw Lisa's shadow...

"Leo..."

Before Jennie could say anything more, Lisa had opened the courtyard gate and grabbed her hand to walk in with him without saying anything further.

Lisa was speechless as she watched Lisa hold her hand tightly and she could roughly guess what the situation was inside.

Leo was probably in an even more serious condition than she could ever imagine...

A wave of fear that she had not felt before rose from her feet to her heart...

At this very moment, Leo's room was in a state of chaos.

Then, from behind them came the sound of footsteps.

Everyone turned around and that was when they saw Lisa had brought a girl along with him.

Father Manoban's expression immediately changed into one of fury. "Why did you bring this woman here for? Do you think Leo's condition is not serious enough?"

To Father Manoban, Jennie's presence was probably worse than a witch or a medium.

Even though Mother Manoban was not happy, she did not reject her as intensely as he did. She had entirely lost all rationality.

Father Manoban breathed heavily and roared, "Get her out of here immediately!"

Lisa held Jennie's hand tightly and was about to say something when Jennie shook her head at him, then wriggled out of his hand.

Jennie did not break down on the spot like Lisa had predicted.

Instead, what he did not expect was to see Jennie's calm attitude towards Leo who lay seriously ill on the bed. She did not even care about his father's complaints and loud scolding. After she wriggled out of Lisa's hand, she made her way towards Leo's bed...

Even though she clearly looked like a weak and gentle girl, her eyes were filled with determination, to the point that all the doctors and peasants, who had heard fathet Manoban's orders and wanted to block Jennie's way, all made way for her.

When Father Manoban saw this, he fumed, "Stop right there! What do you think you're doing? Didn't all you hear what I said? Who said you could let her in?!"

Lisa held out his arm and blocked his father who about to rush out.

At this moment, Jennie sat on Leo's bedside. First, she quickly took off the coat on her, then she reached under the thick blanket placed on Leo. Lastly, she carefully held the feverish and soft little guy in her embrace...