Chapter 499: No! Baby Leo Is Mine!

Father Manoban then told the butler, "Wu, go prepare a generous gift for her."

These words were not only meant to imply that she was just a guest but also to completely void any relationships, a gesture to say that they owed each other nothing more after this.

To wreck the bridge after crossing the river, to throw something that practically saved one's life after using it...wasn't it obvious what he was doing?

Jennie did not actually care about what he thought of her. Her only gripe was the thought of separating from the little bun again and she felt an ache in her bones. She subconsciously hugged the little bun even tighter.

She really did not want to...

She did not want to be separated from the little bun...

In that moment, she felt a strong tug in the corner of her heart. She had a crazy idea of taking the little bun away by force!

The atmosphere around Jennie instantly tingled with a chill as she skimmed the people present around her. She could estimate everyone's capabilities and knew that if she really wanted to, no one here except for Lisa could stop her from taking Leo away.

Probably due to him being able to sense Jennie's emotional roller coaster and the sudden cold in the air, the little bun, who was sleeping calmly in her embrace, frowned out of discomfort.

Jennie regained her senses and suppressed the impulse in her, patting the little bun's back to console him.

"Wife, go carry Leo!" Father Manoban saw that the woman was not reacting to his offer and stayed unmoving instead, so he was irked.

She nodded and was about to take over Leo from Jennie's embrace when Lisa was one step ahead and went over to Jennie's bedside. He indicated for Jennie to let him carry Leo, "Jennie, allow me."

Jennie noticed the sudden movement and looked at Lisa vigilantly. Even if it was Lisa himself, she was still unwilling to give the little bun to him.

No! I'm not giving him! Baby Leo is mine!

When he saw the girl putting up a fierce guard, a loving look flashed across Lisa's eyes. His gaze was akin to warm waves washing ashore to surround her. His tender tone had a way of calming one's heart, "Be good, Jennie, trust me, okay?"

Jennie stared straight at Lisa and felt her eyes tearing up.

She doesn't trust him! She doesn't trust anyone!

Why? Why was it that even you want to rob me of Leo?

No...no, that's not right...

Hah, this is not robbing. Leo is originally theirs, not hers, not hers...

Jennie, what is wrong with you? What are you doing?

Jennie used all of her restraint to regain her senses. At last, she carefully passed over the little bun to Lisa, while her gaze continued to cling onto him with a heavy heart, and her eyes were full of reluctance.

Lisa could not help but smile in amusement as he watched the girl look at him as if he was a traitor.

Father Manoban nodded with satisfaction. " Wu, go get the car ready!"

"Miss Kim, please follow me," Wu acknowledged the orders and indicated for Jennie to leave with him.

Lisa used one arm to carry the little bun who obviously seemed not unstable after changing embraces and used his other arm to guide Jennie behind him protectively.

Then, he looked at his parents coldly and said in a calm tone, "Father, Mother, thank you for taking care of Leo for this period time. The office has not been terribly busy recently and Jisoo will be back soon, so I won't trouble you with Leo anymore."

As soon as he said that, the expression on his parent's faces immediately changed.

Mother Manoban instantly said anxiously, "Lisa, what are you doing? Leo has just recovered and not fully! Where do you want to bring him?"