3

You were brushing your teeth, it was already late at night, a few hours had passed since Lloyd left.

You only remembered how the kiss ended with the sound of the young ninja's communicator, realizing the situation of both.

He just repeated over and over how sorry he was, with more cheeks quite flushed with embarrassment while you were still trying to swallow everything that happened, you looked like a statue.

You blushed at the memory, pouring cold water over yourself to make those thoughts go away.

"Just friends, just friends, just friends"

It was what was in your mind like a broken CD, your heart was beating hard.

"Do friends kiss?"

You took a breath and exhaled, their marriage was one of convenience, so sooner or later they had to kiss.

"It's just a kiss"

But you had noticed in recent days a better behavior, in some interviews they seemed like a real loving couple.

"Whe had studied a script"

He would say nice things about you in front of people.

"It was just a script"

They kissed in front of the cameras

"Everything was acted"

You thought again, you wanted to get some fresh air, so you walked through the halls of the palace, when you heard familiar voices coming from a nearby room.

You stopped in front of the closed door, and listened attentively to what they were saying inside. You could hear your mother's voice talking to your father, but you couldn't understand what they were saying.

Curiosity got the better of you, and you moved a little closer to the closed door, trying to listen more carefully...

-Did you really do all this for that brat?- Your mother said, softly but with clear displeasure in her voice.

-Yes, I did. It was necessary to make some kind of agreement to keep the peace, it was the best option- he said in a firm voice.

The woman just laughed with obvious sarcasm.

-I thought it was for the offspring, for the royal family to have an heir with elemental power, not to fulfill that little girl's tantrum-

Your father paused for a moment, you heard footsteps in the room, as if he were turning in circles.

-Yes, at first it was for that reason, for some reason I changed my mind when Harumi showed interest in it, I knew that there might be a chance of obtaining elemental power and stronger offspring, but after the diagnosis, I can't beg our daughter to use it, much less use her-

The woman laughed again - Ours? -

-Please honey, do you want to force her to love someone she doesn't love?-

-She may be, but that boy is being forced to take your title, to love that brat and have an inheritance, right now, both of them are using them, both of them are monsters -