THE ALLIES PART ONE

I looked to the building in front of me, a ball of nerves immediately making itself at home in my stomach. I had never been the leader type, more like the lone wolf. How was I supposed to convince these people to stand for my cause?

I saw Toby's bike over on the bike rack, with an identical one next to it that I assumed was Tucker's. I had no idea what Todd or Jim drove, but they seemed to always be here anyway.

As we climbed out of the car, Will spoke up. "Do you think it would be best if you went in by yourself first, and explained at least the part about us being your family?" I could tell he was nervous for me, knowing I needed this to go well.

"No, I don't want it to feel like an ambush." I shook my head, wishing Toby wasn't so difficult. "Besides, I don't know how Tucker will react to all of this and I don't want to go in there alone."

Will just nodded before slinging an arm around my shoulders, pulling me in for a side hug. "We've got your back, Roya." He smiled at me.

"Thanks, Will." I smiled back before taking a deep breath and heading inside. Time to face the music, I guess.

The bell above the door chimed when we entered, announcing our arrival. Todd was at the register, and his whole face lit up when he saw me. "Hey!" He ran out from behind the counter and gave me a hug. "Looking for Toby again?" He gave a suggestive eyebrow wiggle, and I playfully slapped him.

"I need to talk to all of you, actually." I replied seriously.

"All of us?" Todd asked.

"You, Jim, Toby, and Tucker." I nodded.

"Wow, the whole crew. Alright, let me just close up and call a staff meeting." He moved to the door behind us and locked it, placing a sign in the window before disappearing into the back.

When Todd returned, he had the other three with him. Toby immediately glared at Will's arm, still slung around my shoulder, before glaring at Evan as well. His eyes then went to Darla, his expression changing to confusion.

"Jane? What's going on?" Toby asked.

I directed everyone to a group of tables where we could talk, and the eight of us took our seats. "I need your help." I started.

"Who's the dude?" Toby asked, interrupting me.

"This is Will, my brother. That's Evan, my other brother, and this is my sister Darla." I pointed to each of them in turn. "Will, Evan, Darla, this is Todd, Toby, Tucker, and Jim."

"Brother?" Toby asked, his voice a mix of confusion and snark. I didn't miss Toby's attitudes, that's for sure.

Anyway, I launched into the quickest explanation of my family dynamic and the upcoming war that I could give. I told them what numbers we currently had, what I anticipated we would be facing, and what risks we faced.

When I was done, I was met with silence. I expected Toby to blow up first, but was surprised when the first words came from Tucker.

"I'm in." He said simply. This, of course, was what caused Toby to blow up.

"You're in?" He yelled. "You're just in, just like that! She's gonna get herself killed, and all of you with her!" Again, with these idiots thinking I was going to get myself killed!

"Well, the best way to keep her from getting herself killed would be to help her." Tucker shrugged.

"I'm in, too." Jim nodded. "Not because I think you're going to get yourself killed. I just don't want to lose my home to a homicidal maniac on a rampage."