Chapter Two.

Trying to balance work life with personal problems can be tough for many people. Especially for those who can't talk about their personal issues. Siobhan didn't have anyone to talk to, whether it was about her feelings or about anything at all. She didn't have a friend in the world, she was despised by everyone, even her own boyfriend at times.

All Siobhan wanted in life, was to feel happy and loved. She always dreamed of being married to an amazing man, who would treat her with respect. But she was stuck with a narcissistic billionaire, who only cared about himself and his money. These days, Siobhan's one wish was to escape. She couldn't stay in that relationship for much longer.
Even if Siobhan had friends, she would never have the courage to speak up about her situation with Roger. If he ever found out that Siobhan had told people what he had done to her, he would kill her. She knew for a fact that one day, Roger may kill her for something stupid. Roger would hurt Siobhan even if she does something such as breaking a plate.

"Siobhan, what have I told you before? You need to learn how to stop being so fucking stupid. I'm so sick of you and your pathetic actions. Get out of my face, bitch"

Hearing Roger speak to her like that, has scarred her for life. She couldn't possibly escape from him. At that point, Siobhan believed, the only way out of that situation was death.
Siobhan was constantly bruised from Roger's physicality. He always says the bruises are a reminder of what would happen if she didn't learn how to act properly. There wouldn't be a day where Siobhan would need to cover her bruises from the outside world.

One day, Siobhan was sent to Marjorie's nursery for a casual check in. The two women never got along, they have been mortal enemies since they met. While Siobhan was doing paperwork in the office, Marjorie noticed a huge bruise on her upper back, and she saw how pale she had been lately. It was obvious that Siobhan was not okay.

Marjorie chose not to confront Siobhan about what she saw, as she didn't want to trigger Siobhan in any way if something was going on. Even though Marjorie and Siobhan were not close at all, Marjorie felt it would be important to keep an eye out for signs. She did care about Siobhan, and she only wanted the best for her.

"And I know that love is mean and love hurts"