Prologue

*End Dimension*

The day, or what is considered a day, began like countless others in the End Dimension, with no peculiar premonitions or eerie atmospheric hints signaling the extraordinary events about to transpire. The stars showed no shift, and there was no strange tingling to foreshadow what or who was approaching. Everything adhered to the familiar rhythms of existence, embracing what some might deem the natural ebb and flow of life.

But everything changed on what seemed like an ordinary day. Without warning, the End Crystals from each Ender Kingdom began to vanish, one by one, starting with the Moon Kingdom and ending with the Void Kingdom. This unsettling phenomenon repeated across the realms until every End Crystal had disappeared, plunging the entire End into a state of shock and disbelief.

The vanishing of these ancient and powerful relics ignited chaos on an unprecedented scale. Outrage swept across the kingdoms, with some regions descending into anarchy. Confusion and hysteria spread like wildfire as the sudden loss of the Ender Crystals—each a vital source of power and protection—left no clear explanation. Fearmongering voices fueled the uncertainty, whispering of dark omens and the resurgence of ancient adversaries.

In response to the crisis, every Ender Kingdom began preparing for war, their Ender Lords and citizens alike gripped by dread and suspicion. The Void Kingdom, in particular, took drastic measures. Rumors circulated that the Void Lord, also known as Ender Lord Lance, had declared martial law, imposing his will with an iron fist.

Amidst the turmoil and with the identity of the responsible party unknown, Skylor, the Lady of the Gateways and leader of the Gatekeepers, took a decisive step. She invited all the Ender Lords to convene in an emergency Ender Council meeting. Her goal was to prevent further escalation and to forge a united front in the face of the growing crisis.

The grand hall was filled with an air of tense anticipation as the Ender Lords and Ladies gathered in one room. The chamber, usually a place of decorum and governance, now bristles with an undercurrent of urgency and unease. Even those Ender Lords who were not formally part of the Council had been summoned, their presence adding to the gravity of the situation.

Each Ender Lord and Lady took their respective seats, their expressions a mix of worry and resolve.

The heavy doors of the Grand Hall swung open with a resounding creak, drawing every eye to the entrance. Lance, the Void Lord, stormed into the room, his face a mask of agitation and barely contained fury. His eyes burned with a seething hatred, and the atmosphere seemed to ripple with his intensity. He moved with a purposeful stride, the very ground seeming to tremble under his weight, as if reflecting the anger within him.

Upon seating himself in his designated chair, Lance's glare swept over the assembly with an almost palpable intensity. The very memory of past slights—being shunned, humiliated, and chastised—still stung deeply, each recollection a raw wound that festered beneath his otherwise steely exterior. Yet, despite the bitterness that gnawed at him, he forced himself to tolerate the presence of the other Ender Lords and Ladies.

The absence of the Ender Crystals was a crisis that demanded his attention, overshadowing personal grievances. His plans for conquest, meticulously laid out and poised to unfold, had crumbled before they even had a chance to begin. The realization that his grand designs were jeopardized by this unforeseen disaster only fueled his simmering resentment.

The oppressive silence in the room, thick with unspoken tensions, was abruptly shattered by the sound of laughter. Marcel, the Vampire Lord of the Umbral Kingdom, couldn't contain his mirth as he observed Lance's entrance. His laughter rang out, sharp and mocking, cutting through the tension with a jarring note.