4.) monaco grand prix

Today's the day! I'm so excited I was up most of the night with excitement. it's the first time I'll ever watch a proper race in person!

Before I get out of bed, I open my phone to see a message from lando:

Lando🧡🏎:
Lando: Good morning, maya! I won't be in the paddock with mclaren today. I'll be in the stands because I'm not apart for tge formula one team, but you can come and find me.

Maya: Good morning! Of course, I'll try my best to come see you, but if not, because Charles won't let me leave x

Lando: 👍

After I saw Landos' last message, I put my phone away and got out of bed so I could make it and then got on my other ferrari jacket, but it was the same cap, some shorts, and straightened my hair. I also put on some light makeup like mascara, concealer, blush, and highlighter.

When I went downstairs, I found a box of cereal and a bowl left on the side that was clean, so I made myself some cereal for breakfast.

"You're up early, kid! You must be excited." I hear Charles speak up, all dressed and ready to go by the looks of things. "Yeah, I'm very excited!"

"I wanted to ask you, is it okay if I leave you here by yourself tonight? A few of us teammates and crew members are going out for some drinks afterwards, and you're obviously underage, but I would've bought you if I could."

I wonder if he gets angry when he's drunk or sad or happy... "Yeah, of course that's fine. I'll just make myself something to eat later!"
"Perfect, thank you, kiddo." He kisses me on the head, then gets his shoes on.

"You nearly ready, maya?" He says just as I put my bowl and spoon in the sink and put away the cereal box. "Yeah."

After 15 minutes of stressing, trying to find my shoes, I eventually find them, and we get in the car and drive to the track. Charles has one final practise session, and he says I can watch from the paddock and give feedback!

"See you in an hour. Don't go running off to anywhere, okay?" He says sternly as he gets ready to practise. "I promise I won't ru off anywhere!" I say as I laugh.

"Okay, all of the staff know that you're my daughter, and should be here, okay, so there should not be any trouble if there is leave and go to my room." How many times does this guy wanna day, okay?

"Yes, that's fine, now go ill be absolutely fine!" And with that, he kisses my forehead and goes to practise for an hour.

An hour goes by, and I watch his entire practice laps, and before I know it, he's back out there ready for formation. I've still been daydreaming about lando, and I have been asked by about 3 people who I am, but it's fine.

Even though I was excited for this race, it all of a sudden dawned on me that this grand prix was my dad's favourite. He would sit with a beer and make me and my brother, kai, a chocolate milkshake. My mum would be at work, so we would order a takeaway and order something for mum when she would get home.

I didn't even realise the tears that were pouring from my eyes when all of a sudden, I was engulfed in a huge hug. I didn't even care who it was. I was enjoying the comfort as I cried more and more.

"Shh, sshh, I got you now, you're okay." lando, I immediately realise it's lando and hug him back tight. "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"My brother kai and my dad, this was our favourite grand prix, we used to watch it every season together." I wipe my eyes and take deep breaths. Lando just looks at me with sympathy and says it's okay to be sad and remember the little things.

"It's last lap, by the way, and Charles is in p1!" I may have given myself whiplash by the speed I turned my head to look at lando and get up to go outside. I look back to lando, and he signals me to go.

I manage to squeeze my way to the front to watch his car pull up and him get out, then he spots me, and runs over to me, pulling me over the barrier and engulfing me in a massive hug.

"Hey, lucky charm, I couldn't have done it without you!" He looks at me and takes his helmet off. "I love you, maya. I'm so proud of how you've coped today, Mark always loved this race."

That was the moment I knew that I wanted to call him dad, even if he wasn't my biological dad. He always knows what my dad would love or did love.

"I'm gonna love the he'll out of you maya, even if we're not connected by blood." I smile and start to cry. "Can I call you dad?" Charles looks at me and starts to tear up.

"I would love that, but I will never replace your dad!" He would never do that never in a million years!

Later that night, I got ready for bed and waited for my new dad to get home from clubbing, as I should say, even if he won't admit it. I fall asleep after posting a new update on Instagram.

 I fall asleep after posting a new update on Instagram

@maya.leclercc
What a day! Made me a proud daughter today and made me proud that I can call you my dad! ❤️🏎

Liked by @maxverstappen1 and 69.1k other
Comments: 37.3k

@maxverstappen1: glad your okay 🙏

@username23: what a skank , should've died with your parents

@landonorris: don't listen to hate comments, your doing amazing x

@username5: I hope lando and maya get together ❤️ 🙏