Chapter 3: Recovery

Siobhan had survived and was in recovery. Her ribs were healing slowly and the bruises had faded. But the last encounter was still heavy on her mind.

She'd wake up in a cold sweat, screaming and crying. The trauma was still fresh on her mind even if it had been weeks since it happened. Vivian and Autumn were by her side through all of it.

Autumn barely left her alone unless she absolutely had to. Vivian had to leave more often due to her job and her son, Jamie. Jamie was confused on why her muma was leaving a lot but he was a smart little boy, knowing his mum's friends needed her.

"Muma, I hope they're okay! Can I draw them a picture?"

"I hope so too, little man. Of course you can, they'll love it, baby." Vivian kissed his head and ran her fingers through his curly hair, watching him run off to find his crayons.

"You're okay, my sweet. I'm right here." Autumn whispered softly, allowing Siobhan to hold her tightly, no matter how much she hated physical affection. She knew the blonde needed this now more than anything. She hesitantly stroked her back softly, realizing it helped calm her even more.

"I'm scared, Aut. What if he comes back?" Siobhan whispered, her tears soaking the brunette's shirt.

"He's gone... Forever. You're safe. I'll protect you, Viv will protect you, Marjorie, Reece, Mia, Char, and even Sorsha... We're all here to protect you." Autumn didn't know if her words were working, she wasn't the nurturing type. Viv was better at this than she was but she wasn't here so she'd have to work harder.

Apparently her words worked because Siobhan calmed down enough to just sit quietly. Suddenly she sat up and looked at Autumn who raised a brow.

"Something wrong?" Autumn asked, her eyes trailing over Siobhan's face, looking for any sign of distress.

Siobhan just shook her head and places her hands on Aut's face, cupping her face. Autumn knew what was happening.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

"Words, my sweet." She urged and Siobhan just leaned in, pressing their lips together. They moved in sync and Autumn slowly wrapped her arms around Siobhan's petite waist.

Vivian leaned against the door frame, watching the sight in front of her. She smirked and knocked softly, startling Siobhan slightly. Autumn smirked and patted the bed beside them.

Vivian pushed off of the door and joined them.

Roger ended up dying from his injuries inflicted upon him by Reece and Mia. But he had suffered in silence for a week until his death. A slow painful death.

Mia and Reece were, unfortunately, arrested until it was proven to be self defense or an act of a good civilian. They were released two weeks later, Marjorie was able to access the footage from Roger's home. The footage was able to prove it was an act of good citizens defending two ladies from a violent man.

Charlotte and Marjorie were waiting outside the jail as they were released, running towards their loves when they emerged. They hugged and kissed.

"I missed you, darling." Marjorie spoke, hugging Reece tightly. The man just held her tightly.

"I've missed you too."

"Missed me, sweetheart?" Mia teased as her girlfriend clung to her like a koala bear. She just held her close, knowing the answer. She could feel her shoulder was wet. "Aww baby, I'm sorry. I didn't want to leave you for that long."

"I missed you and I was lonely and the bed was cold without you and I love you, I'm sorry." Char cried, wrapping her legs around Mia's waist. Amelia just rubbed her back softly, rocking them side to side.

"I love you too, sweetheart. I won't be going anywhere for a while." She pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Let's go home, hm?"

Back with Shibby, Viv, and Aut, they laid in bed, Siobhan in the middle, Viv and Autumn on either side of her. Vivian was kissing Siobhan softly, cupping her cheek. Autumn had her hands on Siobhan's waist, trailing over it as she watched.

She knew they wouldn't go any further than this, it wasn't the right time. Siobhan was still recovering and Autumn was secretly having issues breathing still. She didn't want to bring it to their attention, Siobhan needed it more.

The two ladies pulled away, lips parted with deep breaths. Autumn watched with a smirk, making eye contact with Viv. They leaned in and their lips connected softly, Autumn pulling her closer. They made out heavily, Siobhan watching, her face flushed. She didn't know what to do without herself and crossed her legs, biting her lip.

"Autumn?! Viv?! Siobhan?!" Marjorie's voice sounded from downstairs, making them pull away. Vivian blushed brightly and Autumn just smirked. Siobhan had hidden herself under the blankets shyly and Viv was close to doing the same.

Soon, Marjorie opened the door slowly, peaking her head in.

"You lot alright?" She asked, giving Autumn the bag of food she had brought over.

"Marjorie, I hope you didn't cook this, I think one near death experience is enough for our lifetime." Autumn raised a brow.

"I'll have you know, I'm an excellent cook! But no... Reece made it." Marjorie looked away. "That is not the point! I'm here to check on you."

"We're quite alright, Marjorie. Siobhan's sleeping and Viv's watching something on her phone."

"Alright. Well Mia will be here to check on you all later. See you lot tomorrow!" Marjorie left out and Viv waved. Once they were sure she left, Viv hit Autumn's arm.

"You cannot do what you just did and think it won't have an effect on me!" She scolded.

"All I did was flick my tongue slightly."

"That was the issue!"

"You didn't seem to mind the first time."

"Shut up!"