Chapter 5- Missing The Signs

Allie was hanging out with Mikey. He would not stop staring at her.

Allie was sitting with Mikey in the kitchen. They were attempting to bake in the kitchen. It was going well until Mikey burnt the cupcakes in the oven because he was not watching the timer on the stove. Leo walked into the kitchen.

"What are you doing in here Mikey?!" Leo scolds.

He sees that Allie is in the kitchen as well. His demeanor changed. "Unless you made the smell of burning, then I am not as mad, but I still would prefer if you did not burn food," Leo said in a calmer tone. He did not want to scare her with his yelling.

"I wasn't watching the oven, sorry, Leo," Mikey apologized as he put the cupcakes that were engulfed in flames in the sink to put out the fire before it got worse.

Allie giggles at the sight of the cupcakes. Mikey blushed. Leo shook his head and walked out. Mikey burnt himself on the hot pan. Dropping the searing hot cupcakes into the cold water. Allie touched his hand.

"Are you okay?" Allie asked with a voice full of worry.

"No... that hurt," Mikey said with more embarrassment than pain.

Allie washed the burn with cool water. Then she used her first aid kit she carried in her purse she put on burn cream and bandaged it up. His hand felt better, but his face was flushed because he felt the butterflies in his stomach. He liked her a lot and he felt happy that she was holding his hand.

"Are you okay, your face is all red?" Allie asked.

"Yeah, it's hot in here," Mikey made an excuse.

Allie turned down the heat on the stove.

Another day that week. Allie was reading a book with Leo. Leo found out that both he and Allie loved reading books, especially about Space. So they made their book club. Mikey hugged her. Leo saw he was blushing; Allie didn't.

"Mikey, look at this. Did you know that there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the earth?" Allie shared excitedly.

Mikey got lost in her beautiful smile and beautiful eyes.

"You don't say?" Leo smiles at Mikey's face.

"And the sun is the biggest star in the universe but there are other stars in the universe that are just like it," Allie says. "This is a thrilling book," Allie says excitedly.

"I got chills, just hearing about it," Raph said sarcastically as he punched his dummy.

"This is why I love you, Raph," Allie says as the sarcasm goes over her head.

Causing Leo to facepalm as Raph died of laughter.

"Hey, Mikey don't catch flies," Donnie teased.

"Yeah, you've been staring at your girlfriend all week," Donnie laughs.

Mikey getting irritated at Donnie's jokes.

"Donnie, leave him alone. It's his first crush," Leo scolds.

"Oh, but it's okay when he does it to me. But when I bring up his crush on Allie it's a big deal," Donnie says. Allie was standing there. Leo smacks him on the back of his head. Mikey ran to his room. He was mad at Donnie. Allie walked out of the lair fast. Mikey was crying on his bed. Raph knocked on the door.

"Mikey opens up," Raph says.

Mikey unlocked the door. Raph opened and shut the door. He hugged Mikey as he rubbed his back. He felt Mikey shaking as he cried.

"Donnie betrayed my trust. I didn't like it Raph. He embarrassed me in front of Allie," Mikey sobbed.

"I know, little brother. I'm sorry," Raph says.

In the dojo, Leo and Donnie were being scolded. They both had black and blue bruises.

"I am disappointed in you boys. Leonardo, I am disappointed that you hit Donatello. But I am proud of you for sticking up for your brother," Splinter scolds.

"Donatello, I am disappointed in you for betraying your brother's trust. You had no right to out his feelings for Allie," Splinter scolds Donnie.

"Leonardo no TV for 2 days. Donatello no TV for a week," Splinter dishes out their punishments.

He then sent them to their rooms. Raph hugged Mikey for a while until he fell asleep from crying so hard. Raph was worried for his little brother. He went to see Splinter.

"Sensei, I haven't seen Mikey cry like that since Leatherhead disappeared in Dimension X or when we went into space after we lost..." Raph stopped.

It was still a sore subject for the boys, when they had to watch Splinter die after Super Shredder killed him from turning off the Heart of Darkness.

Splinter scoops him into a hug. "I am not going anywhere my son," Splinter promised.

Like all parents, Splinter hopes he can keep can keep that promise to his sons.