sweet as cherry wine - 5

Nicole's childhood home, even her current home, are the only places where he doesn't hate the morning sun as much. It feels more welcoming when it peeks in through the curtains, rather than horribly obnoxious.

It's a nice escape from the bustling streets of Berlin, too, since her parents live in some small rural town closer to Frankfurt. Even Nicole's own home, which is in Berlin, is relatively peaceful, as it isn't smack-dab in the city.

Till shot a smile at her, before pulling her into a tight hug, squeezing her. He felt an immense happiness he hasn't felt in a long time, so much so that he quite literally lifted her off her feet, prompting her to laugh a bit from surprise and excitement.

"Jesus! I haven't ever seen you this happy, Till.. Does this really mean that much to you?" She questioned, it was moments like these where she realized, just for a moment, that she might be important to someone.

Setting her back down on the ground, he kept a smile on his face, it's rare that he's this smiley.

"Nicole - I feel like the luckiest man alive right now. People would kill to be in my shoes - I want you to understand that and that alone."

She blinked at him rapidly, being incredibly dumbfounded.

"I - I don't know what to say; other than I'm surprised.. I'm glad though, I'm.. I'm happy that you're happy." She spoke, stammering a bit as her face grew a bit rosy, something about receiving compliments from him always made her feel this overwhelming giddiness. Maybe it was his voice, maybe it was just him overall. It had to be something - but she didn't know what it could be.

Right now though, all she could do was just give him this dumb, empty headed, no thoughts stare.

She then smiles a bit wider as she thinks of her kids, how happy they'd be seeing him.. It warmed her heart.

"A-anyway. I leave this Saturday, early in the morning, at around nine in the morning." She quickly added, finally pulling her hands away from his.

"Noted. I'll be there as soon as I'm awake - I'd like to spend a bit of time with you before leaving."

She couldn't help but look away sheepishly hearing his light sweet talk - or at least what she interpreted as sweet talk.

"Awe, how sweet of you.." She complimented, before looking back at him.

"Don't mention it. Who wouldn't want to spend time with a lovely lady like yourself?" He shot back a compliment at her, hitting her in the heart, metaphorically.

He then takes one of her hands again.

"Now, come on. I think we should enjoy the rest of our evening and night with the others."

She nodded in response, letting him take her away, hand in hand.

And with that, their date had been planned, and Nicole found herself stuck thinking about it all night.