chapter 06.

•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•

WHEN AMELIA'S TWO WEEKS OFF HAD FINALLY ARRIVED, SHE decided to fly to barcelona instead of madrid. it wasn't much of a hassle—she already had her own house there for when she wasn't filming anything.

as she landed in barcelona, she couldn't lie that she had immediately felt better. barcelona had always brought her peace and gave her a feeling of warmth. however, the first thing she wanted to do was go straight to her parents house. her mom and dad had always been her strongest support, and she knew that being with them would give her the comfort she desperately needed.

as her taxi pulled up to their house, she spotted her mom peeking through the window, waiting for her. the sight brought a small smile to her face, she absolutely loved her mom.

as soon as amelia stepped out of her taxi, camila was at the door, her arms wide open. "mi amor," she whispered as amelia walked up the steps, pulling her into a tight embrace. amelia felt the tears she had been holding back threaten to spill over, but she forced herself to hold them in.

"i'm so sorry, hija," her mom said softly, stroking amelia's hair. "I can't believe what he did to you."

her dad, who had been standing in the doorway, stepped forward, his face full of concern. "come here, princesa," he said as he enveloped her in a hug. alejandro wasn't a man who easily showed his emotions, but when it came to his daughter, his protective side always came out."

amelia rested her head against her dad's chest. "i thought that i would've felt better by now, but being here and not in madrid makes it feel even more real than it already did," she admitted, her voice muffled against his shirt.

"of course it feels real," alejandro replied. "you were in love with him, amelia. what he did...it's not just something you can get over quickly."

amelia's mom ushered them inside, her arm wrapping around Amelia's shoulder. "let's go sit down, my love. we'll talk and you can tell us everything."

they settled in the living room, amelia taking a deep breath as she recounted everything from the past week. as she spoke, her parents listened intently until she was finished.

"I really thought jude was different," alejandro said, shaking his head in disbelief. "i thought he was a good young man, one who loved and respected you. he had no right to treat you this way, and it makes me upset! no man wants to see his daughter heartbroken."

her mom nodded in agreement, "we both liked him so much. and his family—his parents, his brother—they were such lovely people. but to hurt you...that's unforgivable to me."

amelia's eyes welled up with tears again, but she wiped them away quickly. "i thought he was different too," she whispered. "he always made me feel so special and loved. but now...i don't even know how much of it was actually real. i'd like to believe that most of it was."

camila reached over and took her daughter's hand, squeezing it gently. "i want you to know that you did nothing wrong, amelia. this has nothing to do with you, it's about him and whatever flaws he has that led him to make such a terrible mistake."

alejandro leaned forward, "you have every right to be hurt and angry, mi amor. but don't let this break you. i raised you to be such a strong girl, and you'll get through it."