Support: Something in common (Aura and Alcryst)

Out of all the Heroes and Virtual Singers summoned to Askr, Alcryst feels the most left out... in his own words. He may be a "disgrace to the warriors of Askr" in his own words, but secretly, he is stronger than literally any archer combined, including Bacchus and the knights who once fought alongside Margie's father.

Aura believes she feels out of place in her family because everyone except her knows how to do fortune telling and magic while she can only do magic, which is why her Father doesn't talk to her and her mother told her to join the Order of Heroes at the small age of eight.

What happens when the Second Prince of Brodia who calls himself a waste and garbage interacts with a mage who believes she is not good enough?

One day, before heading off to the world of Blazing, which was happening during the meeting between Alfonse, Queen Henriette, Veronica and Empress Freydis, Aura went to train her magic. She was curious about the water magic Piko learned at the World of Birthright. As she entered the training quarters, she saw Alcryst preparing to fire an arrow at another target. The targets all have arrows at the bullseye mark.

"Steady, Alcryst..." The brodian prince muttered to himself. "Don't miss."

"Hello?" Aura spoke softly, which oddly enough scared Alcryst into firing an arrow, not noticing that he had hit a bullseye. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"Please, do not apologize, Miss Aura!" Alcryst shrieked, bowing so fast she didn't notice the speed. "I'm sorry for startling you with my being scared!"

"Don't worry." Aura said. "I don't mean any harm."

"You are so kind..." The blue haired young man sighed. "I do not deserve your mercy... Anyway... what brings you here?"

"I wanted to train up my magic." Aura said. "Maybe improve a little and finally learn how to predict fortunes."

"Ah..." Alcryst scratched his head. "Prince Alfonse said that you're the youngest daughter of a family of mages and fortune tellers."

"That's correct." The brown haired girl nods. "Unlike my older siblings, I only know magic... and everytime I try to do fortune telling, I end up in failure... I accepted that I was a disgrace since my Father refuses to talk to me now... but my mother and siblings don't agree... which is why my Mother sent me to join the Order of Heroes one year after meeting Alfonse and Sharena..."

"You're not a disgrace, Lady Aura!" Alcryst shook his head, saddened by the girl's back story and appalled by the fact that her father is not on speaking terms with his own daughter. "And a parent should not ignore their child!" He calms down. "I'm sorry... I felt unusually angry... My words will not be heard by the-"

"You have a heart of gold, Alcryst." Aura said. "You make a perfect prince."

"Please, do not say such things." The Brodian prince shook his head. "You shine so bright you may outshine me!"

A clank is heard in the distance as Alcryst's quiver falls, spreading all the arrows to the floor. He gets down on his knees as he begins to pick up the arrows

"Let me help you." Aura said as she also knelt down to pick up some arrows and give them to Alcryst.

A huge silence occurs as they pick up arrows, with some arrows falling from Aura's hands due to her unawareness.

"Why do you always talk bad about yourself?" Aura asks.

Alcryst sighs as he picks up the last arrow.

"You won't like the details..." He said. "I was born with a... significant age gap between Diamant and me. As far as I can remember, people would praise Diamant left and right, saying that he is the better successor of the Brodian throne while they cast me aside, saying that Diamant can do better at anything I can do..."

"Are you serious?!" Aura got angry. "That's not how people behave towards a prince! And has your family said anything?!"

"One night, Diamant got really upset and told them that both princes of Brodia must be respected..." Alcryst sighed. "My father always praises me for everything I do..."

"I imagine your father is King Morion, right?" Aura guesses.

"Yes... he... WAS my father..." Alcryst looked down.

"Oh..." Aura realized she is going too personal. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to sour the mood. You don't have to tell me everything."

"You are too considerate, Lady Aura." Alcryst smiled. "Worrying about a disgrace like me."

"It seems that we have something in common." Aura said. "We both see the good in each other while feeling bad for ourselves... and we both have hearts of gold."

"There is no need to compare yourself to someone like me..." Alcryst said.

Aura then realized something.

"Oh!" She gasped. "I just realized I have to make sure Alfonse arrives from his meeting at the Askran-Emblian border!" She turned to run, speaking so fast Alcryst couldn't understand her. "Nicetalkingtoyou!Byeeee!"

"Huh?!" Alcryst was shocked because running away due to the tension of the conversation was his thing. "H-hey! Wait!" He sighs. "Aura... that poor girl... she has a poor time with her father... I feel bad for her... oh! Why do I feel bad for someone brighter than myself?! I have to make sure I continue my archery!"

As he was ready to fire an arrow, he noticed the bullseye. He walks to the target.

"How did this happen?" He asked. "Perhaps her unintentionally startling me must be a good sign of her improving her social skills? I did hear from the Divine One that she was shy..."

"Alcryst?" Diamant's voice echoed through the Training Hall as he walked to his younger brother.

"Gyah!" Alcryst shrieked. "Oh. Hi, Diamant. I'm sorry for being scared by you."

"Don't apologize, Alcryst." Diamant sighed. "I'm the one who should be sorry for startling you. Anyway, I saw the conversation between you and Aura?"

"Huh?! You saw that?!" Alcryst said.

"I have to say, you have improved in your confidence." Diamant said. "It seemed that you were talking to her normally."

"Are you-?" Alcryst stopped himself before smiling. "Yeah... you're right."

Diamant smiles as he pets his baby brother's hair.

"Come on, let's rest up for our upcoming battle." Diamant said.

The Brodian brothers returned to their headquarters to take a rest for the battle at the World of Blazing.

END OF SUPPORT