the little things

The ear-shattering sound of my alarm clock sounds through my bedroom.

I groan and reach for the top o the clock, desperately wanting it to shut off.

I open my eyes and attempt to rub the sleep out of them.

Still cringing from the taste of my mouth.

Morning breath.

I stretch my limbs; earning a loud, unhealthy sound to circle throughout my bedroom.

Sleepily, I look to my clock on the left of my bed. It reads 6:30am.

I take my body and slowly walk towards my bathroom.

The hot water relaxes my back muscles, as steam fill the entire bathroom.
I massage my soft hair with a Vanilla scented shampoo.

After a while of letting the warm water travel across my body, I shut the water off.

I reach out past the curtains and let a fluffy, white towel meet my grasp. I wrap it around my petite body and walk out of the bathroom, into my room.

I search trough my clothes looking for anything decent to wear. But it's not like anyone is going to notice me anyway. I settle on black skinny jeans and a black and white flannel. Regular sneakers on my feet.

I made my way back into the bathroom and take out my comb. Gently brushing my wild brown hair, desperately trying for it to at least try to corporate with me.

Looking into the glass above the sink I take time to look at my reflection.

Chestnut wavy hair and bright blue eyes. Some freckles hear and there on top of my pale skin.

I personally don't think I'm ugly. My mother doesn't think that I ugly. She always tells me I look like a 'sweet cupcake'. Whatever that means.

But people avoid me. Or maybe I avoid them.

Or maybe they don't even know I exist. I don't really know.

I think I could have a friend if I tried maybe. But the thing is, I don't try.

Blending out is easier than blending in.

My quote that I like to go by. Made by me.

I sigh and finish off by brushing my teeth and using mouth wash to take away the displease taste of my morning breath.

I look at the time and it is 15 til 7; leaving me time to have breakfast before I have to catch the bus.

I find my backpack by the side of my bed, and rush down the stairs,into the kitchen where my mother is.

"Good morning, my sweet cupcake" my mother greats me, turning away from the bacon sizzling on the hot stove plate.

"Good morning mom" I replied with a small smile on my face.

"How did you sleep mom?" I asked her as I fixed myself a plate of eggs and toast.

"Well you know. I came back late last night. These bills don't pay themselfs. I gotta stay long house some times D" she replied, putting a few pieces of bacon on my plate.

I nod.

My dad walked out on is when I was about 6. So about 10 years ago. I guess mom wasn't exactly what he was looking for.

Apparently a blonde, prostitute looking bimbo is.

Probably a gold digger that's gonna clean him dry.

I don't really care. He left mom for a slut.

It's been rough sometimes, with mom having to pay bills by herslef. But she still manages to keep us in this beautiful house.

I get a summer jobs to help her. I'm not aloud to have a full time job because she says that i have to 'focus on my schoolwork' .

I draw my attention back to my food on the table and quickly finish it off. I run over to my mom a place a quick kiss on her right cheek.

"Bye mom, I think I'm gonna walk to school to school today" I say as I give her small figure a squeeze from be hide.

"Alright my Beautiful boy. Be safe!" She sternly told me.

I giggled and kiss her forehead, nodding my head.

"No go before your late" she playfully scolded, wacking me with a damp dish rag while giggling.

I laughed along, and grabbed my backpack walking out the door.

I love my mother to death. She's so fragile and I would never let anything happen to her.

I remember the months after my dad left.

She was so sad, angry, depressed even.

I was too young to know exactly what to do, so I just cuddled with her, read to her, I guess just trying to give her that glint in her eyes again.

The temperature outside is pretty chilly, but I know it will get deathly hot by the afternoon.

Florida weather.

I kick stones and listen to the tweets of the birds, that call for the attention of the other birds.

I let nature preform while I'm it's audience, as if we are in a concert.

Mother natures concert.

Free admition.

Kimberly High comes into view. I have to start talking walks to school instead of the loud, annoying, smelly bus.

Walks help me clear my head. Think about things.

They let me enjoy the beautiful nature that we take for granted every single day.

Never once taking the time to stop a literally smell the roses.

Never saying 'wow what a wonderful day to take in the scenery around us'

The little things we don't notice.

The little things that we don't give the time of day.

The little things that aren't as little as we would have thought.

I am in the front of my school now. I look up to the gigantic brick building known as high school.

All different social groups.

The stoners and emos.
Then the nerds, band geeks, and musical theater types; and I guess everyone in between.

And I guess every school has the jocks and preppy cheer leaders, that never get dress coded for the cheer skirts that cover half their butts.

But may I say they are the best looking people to have walked Kimberly High.

The people that everyone knows, but they never know you.

The well built jocks with mouth watering muscles. Gorgeous faces with incredible cheek bones.

Bones that could cut dimonds.

Deep, spine chilling voices with, white,dazzling smiles that easily put pearls to shame.

As you might assume. I don't exactly have a group.

Just me, myself and I.

The fantastic group of three.

I take a deep breath and walk into the well groomed school yard; keeping that silent pact to my self.

Going unnoticed it the easiest way to survive High School.

Keeping my mouth shut and eyes down I walk through the double doors of Kimberly High.

Unnoticed to all

•••••••••••••••••••
AN:/ okay so I'm still looking though these chapters and my writing style back then was honestly so bad skskkskjs I'm dead. Anyway, I hope you didn't think it was too bad haha.💞

Love you as always, M