CHAPTER 16

AFSHA

I was waiting for his mother in her room she said she want to talk to me. What it must be? What if she scold me? What if she told me leave the house? Where will I go? What I will do?

The room's door open and his mother came in. I was standing at the bed side.

"Sit why are you standing dear?"

I didn't said anything and sat on the bed. After a minute silence she start.

"You know I wanted to talk to you. I know these things are new to you and I am not saying now your life will be easy. Everyone have problem in there life but what matters that how you understand that situation, how you understand your partner. We are not going to live with you all your life. You have to face your problems on your own. I hope you will always be there for him. I am his mother but I will support you if you're are right because now you're also my daughter."

I don't know what to say I feeling these thing after a long time no one has ever told me these thing. Everyone used to blame me and accuse me. But someone explaining me something is new to me and in a motherly way.

"Okay aunty."

"Why you are calling me aunty I just told you that you're my daughter so call me mom or Maa."

"Okay mo-mom"

I am saying this beautiful word after a long time now this word also seems foreign. She is very sweet just like how I thought.

"Can I ask you anything mom?"

I asked I have some doubts and she already told me I can tell her anything right?

"Yes you can."

"I want to ask...ummm....why dad was touching you so much....my mumma told me that a guy should never touch a girl."

I notice at dinning table how dad was kissing her cheeks and tickling her and holding her hand. I think it is not right, is it?

She was looking at me confused after some minutes she start laughing. Did I said some kind of joke.

"Ohh....dear....you're so innocent."

She said in between her laugh. Am I really that innocent?

"You're right a guy should never touch a girl without her consent."

"Matlab?"
(Meaning?)

I asked her I am really very confuse now because I don't know what she is trying to say.

"Matlab ek ladke ko ladki ke Raza mandi ke Bina nhi chuna chahiye. lekin Agar wo ladka tumhara shohar ho, bhai ho ya baap ho to wo tumhe touch kar sakta hai. Tumhe pata hai shohar jo hote hai na wo bohat alag  hote hai baki sab se hum ladkiyo ke liye. Ruko mere paas tumhare liye ek cheez hai phir tum sab samajh jaogi."

(Meaning, a boy should not touch a girl without her consent. But if that boy is your husband, brother or father then he can touch you. You have learned that the husband we have are very different from the rest of the people for us. Wait, I have one thing for you, then you will understand)