Royal Queen

Lila wasn’t expecting her mother to allow Alessia to keep her job after the terrible performance she had shown, but she could still find a way to take advantage of the situation.

No news had been reported about yesterday’s akuma which meant no one was aware one had even occurred apart from the very few who she had to unfortunately forced to apologize for her own safety.

She was lucky that the ones who witness it wouldn’t have the guts to talk about it.

Adrien wouldn’t dare if he didn’t want his life to be ruined.

Marinette seemed to have turned a new leaf and didn’t care about her so-called friends.

Rose, Juleka and Ivan wouldn’t mention it and if they did, she could always make it seem like they were just being a bully to her.

She didn’t think they would want to deal with that kind of attention.

And Alessia seemed like a prideful person who wouldn’t want to admit her mistakes to a bunch of kids that she – a grown adult- had been manipulated and humiliated by a mere kid.

So Lila could adapt.

She still has the control.

But she noticed things were slightly different.

She had one rude awakening for one.

She had still been sleeping when her mother had let Alessia in while she went to work (which was early), leaving the two alone.

Alessia had crudely knock at her door, telling her to wake up instead of waiting for her in the living room like the previous times.

When she had refused, she had barged in, yanking her covers off while she screeched at her actions.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Lila furiously glared.

Alessia dropped the covers and crossed her arms, “It’s time for you to go to school.” She stated before giving her a polite mocking smile, “You have a big day ahead of you: Apologizing to Marinette. Juleka. The class and of course Jagged Stone.” She listed, “Sincerely. If you’re even capable of such a thing.” She narrowed her eyes at her.

Lila seethed, a low growl rumbling at the back of her throat.

“Be ready in ten or else I’m coming in with a spray bottle.” Alessia warned, turning around to leave and finish off her croissant and coffee she had bought from the T&S Boulangerie Patisserie, grateful for the big man who let her in even though they were an hour away from opening when he noticed her waiting outside the shop, yawning.

She might have over done it by arriving earlier than her last two times, but she wanted to show Mrs Rossi that she was serious about her job.

Lila continued to glare before closing her eyes and letting out a huff, “Just because you’re finally taking your job seriously, doesn’t mean something like yesterday, won’t happen again, Warden.” She peeked her eye open and smirked when she saw her take a pause at her door, “Soon, you’ll just get turned into another monster and be let go since you’re just too dangerous to roam free.” It’ll be child’s play to get her akumatised again. A flash of annoyance glinted in her eyes at the betrayal that Hawk Moth would turn someone who wanted revenge on her. After all that she’s done for him, this is how he repays her? The nerve of him.

Composing herself, she focused on her current target who had been standing there, silent. Annoyance replaced with a nasty glee in her eyes, “Tell me, how does it feel to be manipulated by a child that you’re supposed to be looking after?” she spat, her grin vicious. She inwardly chuckled at the clenched fists, confirming her suspicions.