19. jealous (?)

Gunwook walked out of class feeling slightly relieved, finally able to shrug off the thoughts that had been clouding his mind.

he chuckled to himself, lightening up a bit—until he caught sight of Matthew's back. his heart skipped a beat as he decided to surprise his boyfriend, skipping over happily.

but wait, who was Matthew with? oh, great, it was the girl who had a crush on him. yeah, good, pretty good.

it’s not like Gunwook cared, right?

not like he was secretly hoping that Matthew's turtleneck would suddenly slip down to reveal all the hickeys and bite marks he’d left.

it’s not like he wanted to march up to them and tell the girl to fuck off. no, that wasn’t the case at all. (he totally didn’t want to do any of that... totally.)

he approached Matthew slowly, trying to keep his cool. but then, Matthew burst out laughing—with that girl?

hello?? what-

Gunwook quickened his pace, trying not to look furious.

"hey," Gunwook greeted casually as he walked up to Matthew’s side, slipping his arm around his boyfriend's waist.

he glanced at the girl before snuggling into Matthew’s neck, breathing in the faint ocean scent that clung to his skin.

"i missed you badly, hm," Gunwook murmured, practically inhaling Matthew’s scent.

Matthew laughed, still chatting with the girl, but Gunwook felt a pang in his chest as the girl didn’t seem to get the hint.

instead, she reached up to touch Matthew’s sleeve.

Gunwook rolled his eyes, his possessiveness getting the better of him. absentmindedly, he nipped at the spot where Matthew’s neck met his jawline, leaving a faint mark.

Matthew, feeling shy, gently pushed Gunwook’s head away. but the girl just ignored the interaction,—clearly hoping they’d stop acting like a couple, even though everyone knew they were official.

she seemed to still harbor hopes that she and Matthew could be together someday.

Gunwook didn’t know what to do. his dramatic side flared up, making him feel like he was being rejected.

he let his head hang low, his hand slowly falling back to his side as he waited for Matthew to finish talking.

when the conversation finally ended, Matthew turned to him with a questioning look.

"what was that?"