scholarships are for making fun of your brother

Mircea Grace Hoffman looked over the field she was playing on. it didn't really look like a field nor was it a field. it was actually her backyard and the players were her friends Callie Dillon and Lilith Smith. and it was more fun than practice. maybe she had come into thinking it would be practice but as it happened it wasn't. Mircea pressed her lips into a thin line looking at the makeshift goal it was nothing like a real one the sides cardboard and the supposed "netting" more like string. Mircea knew it really didn't matter. They were just having fun practicing in her backyard after all. But why didn't it feel like that a little voice in the back of her head said messing around won't get you that exy scholarship she pushed that treacherous voice into the abyss of her mind. And of course her brothers extremely loud car had to come rolling into the driveway they had a huge backyard so she couldn't see but she could hear it as it rolled up the driveway into the garage if her brother was home it must be five also known for her family as dinner. Her and Cassie looked at each other knowing it was time to go inside. Lilith looked at them with careful consideration and then of course shook her hand at them. Auf wherdisden she said in German walking away tschuss mircea yelled back since she was getting quite far away. Bye Callie yelled not knowing the slightest German. Lilith waved and rounded the corner out of sight. Mircea and Callie ran into the house Last one in is a rotten egg mircea yelled knowing she was probably faster I'll beat you this time Callie yelled back. Mircea finally got to the porch and ran up the stairs flinging open the screen door she walked in followed seconds later by Callie. Hello champs their brother said leaning on the fridge. You know from this angle your head looks really big mircea said. Okay that just means it's filled with knowledge he immediately shot back. They quieted down when they heard the click of heels on the floor their mother walked in her lips and heels matched her red hair the same color as Mircea's and Rowan's. Mircea thought if Callie felt out of place in the family her blond hair and brown eyes made her stick out from the rest of them but Callie never expressed that.