Chapter 1

Penelope

A tingling sensation woke me up from my deep sleep. Bright lights disrupted my eyes as I opened them. The first thing I saw was the clear blue skies; I thought of how beautiful the day will be. It then occurred to me as to why the sky is visible and the uncomfortable feeling of my bed. I sat up and saw that I had been sleeping on a field in the middle of the woods. I noticed Fiona and Lillia sleeping not far from me. This is one crazy dream. Hesitantly, I crawled towards Fiona and tried to wake her up. Her face grimaced and she woke up, shielding her eyes. Suddenly, she sat up frantically. "WHERE ARE WE?!"

"I have no idea..." I murmured, still observing my surroundings. Lillia woke up and stretched her arms before opening her eyes.

She turned around and saw us. "Oh my god! You guys are in my dream." She stood up and headed in our direction. Lillia stared at my face. "Penelope...do not move." I froze and seconds later she slapped my left cheek so hard I couldn't feel it. Fiona and I had shocked faces. "There was a mosquito on your cheek... and plus it shouldn't hurt... we're in dreamland."

I held my cheek. "The problem is it does hurt!!"

Lillia gave me a confused look. "That's funny. I usually wake up right away. Pull my hair, Fiona." Fiona took a chunk of Lillia's hair and pulled it hard. Lillia's whole head sank sideways, which surprised her. We most certainly are not dreaming. I stood up and headed towards the woods followed by the others.

"Are you certain it is safe?" Lillia worried.

"No," I proclaimed. "But we just can't stay here forever. Let's look for some civilization around here."

Several birds began to chirp as if alerting the woods that we were entering. I stood in the front, looking for a path to follow. The more we walked, the thicker the trees got and the light started to dim.

"Are you sure we're going the right way, Nelly? I can't see anything..." As soon as Fiona finished her sentence, we heard someone cheering from the way ahead. "What was that?" Lillia asked with a terrified face. "Let's go see who else is here," I replied. As we reached the source of the cheer we found a small cottage. It looked old and seemed to need a little cleaning. We stood there examining the mysterious house. While debating on whether or not entering the slightly opened front door, we heard someone whistle loudly, the sound of running footsteps in the woods and howling grew around us. Without further hesitation, Lillia hurried to the cottage followed by Fiona and I. Fiona and Lillia stayed by the window waiting for the wolves, I assumed, to pass by. I wandered off a little bit into the house. It had a little sofa and lots of books. I also found a set of bows, arrows and swords. There were four doors which I assumed to be rooms, one of them open. I heard some movements as I headed closer. When I saw the source of the sounds, I screamed to the top of my lungs. In front of me was the back of an unclothed boy. He was extremely surprised to the sudden screaming of a crazy, trespassing girl.

"BLOODY HELLLLL. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" He shouted while quickly putting a black robe on.

I turned around as soon as I could. "I, I, I'm sorry I didn't mean to sneak up on you like that..." Lillia and Fiona were now behind me, gasping at what they saw. They didn't say anything but I know what they're thinking. This boy was beautiful. He was tall, had thick dirty dark hair and a sharp jaw line. His dark eyes bore into mine.
"WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY? WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN OUR TERRITORY?" During this time, two wolves entered the room and headed towards Nude Boy. I could feel the tension and alertness of everyone.

"Well...we're actually lost," I explained, trying to back away and calm the growling monsters in front of me. "We woke up in the woods not knowing where we were."