Chapter 20

TW: swearing, mentions of death

————————————

The clock hit 6am and you bid your friends farewell, as you left and drove back to your apartment. Goldie said she would tell the others about the new information, because she knows how awkward you can be when your telling people a serious story and all the attention is on you. 

You repeated your daily routine. Short nap, coffee, snack, and back to work. You were more nervous about going to work today, now that you found out Dave was a serial killer, you had to be very careful. 

You pulled up outside of the restaurant at bang on 9am. You strolled up to the glass doors, rolled your shoulders back, quickly regretting it due to your injury, and put on your best acting skills. 

Pushing open the door, you saw Dave instantly, having a deep conversation with one of your co-workers. You furrowed your brows at the sight. You never thought he was the type to have heart-felt conversations with someone. 

Your eyes instantly flickered to the gash on his arm that was wrapped up with a bandage. That was the exact same spot when you slashed his arm yesterday. Even more proof he was the killer. You clenched your jaw, taking a breath before heading to the office.

After putting your stuff in the office, you were about to head back until you heard a- "psst" you whipped your head around to see Goldie's head poking out of the Parts and Service door. 

You furrowed your brows. "Goldie? I thought they kept this door locked" you kept your voice low to avoid drawing the attention of any inquisitive kids. "I guess they forgot" she shrugged. "Anyways, come over here" she gestured you to come inside.

You looked around quickly, then slipped in the room when the coast was clear. "Whats the matter?" you asked, closing the door behind you. "Its about Dave-" before she finished, you groaned, throwing your head back in annoyance. She gave you a 'are you serious?' look. "Ahem, sorry. Proceed" you straightened your posture.

"Anyways, he's acting super strange already" she continued. "I literally just got here, how are you so sure?" you folded your arms. "I see everything" she dragged on the last word exaggeratedly. 

You chuckled "What was he doing, anyway?" She hestitated for a second. "He arrived at work, literally as soon as you left and was acting all cheery and happy when the pizzeria opened. He greeted all the guests with a smile and bid them a good day. It was so weird, I thought I felt vomit rising at the back of my throat" she had a look of disgust on her face.

"Now, that is weird" you agreed. She nodded. "Not the Dave thing, the fact that you thought you were going to be sick" you now had a look of disgust on your face. She sighed and rolled her eyes "Cut it out". You cleared your throat "Sorry"

"Maybe he's planned out his next murder so well, he's acting so happy?" you shrugged. "Could be. If he tries sweet talking you into going anywhere, dont go" she put emphasis on the last two words.

"Dont worry, im not that gullible" you said.