Chapter 24 (Good Ending)

TW: Death, blood, heavy gore, swearing, knife usage

——————————

You inhaled deeply as you pushed open the glass doors, feeling anxious.

You immediately spotted Afton. He looked frustrated as he tried to restock snacks in the vending machine. You swiped your tongue along the bottom row of your teeth, feeling nothing but absolute hate for this man. 

Taking another breath, you plastered a happy facade on your face, unclenching your hands, the feeling of hate still brewing in the pit of your stomach.

You started walking towards him. The sound of your footsteps made his head whirl around to look at you, faking a smile. "Y/N, what are you doing here? Doesn't your shift start at midnight?" he asked casually. 

You hated how casual he was acting. Like he isn't a serial killer. Like he doesn't want to kill you. Like he doesn't wanna see your blood on his hands. It infuriated you even more.

"Oh, y'know..just popping in to help out my buddy Dave" you put emphasis on his name, sounding a little too sarcastic.

He quirked a brow at your odd behaviour. He knew you were onto him. There was a slight pause, before you spoke again.

"Or should I call you..William?" you squinted your eyes at him, a fake confused expression on your face. You still felt a little nervous, you hoped your plan wouldn't fail, but you couldn't help but feel cocky, too.

As soon as those words left your lips, you watched his face fall. He gulped and felt his heart drop to his stomach. He felt worried all of a sudden, but only for a split second. No matter, he could just kill you and easily get away with it, just like all the other times. 

"So, you know?" he asked, straightening up.

You scoffed. "Of course I fucking know. I kinda suspected you from the start until I gathered more evidence that you're a child killer" 

"Well-" he started.