Migrating Trees

With the lush thick forest acting as coverage, there would definitely be an ample number of fierce beasts using this place as their abode. Tyron and the others walked deeper into the forest. Along the road, they encountered several fierce beasts which attacked them.

However, they were taken care of in a matter of seconds. While looting, they came across a few rare herbs inside the monster's territories and picked them up since they could be exchanged for points or cash.

"The fruits in the wild are plump and delicious. If not for the coarse environment, perhaps this place would have become part of the human abode." Kai muttered as he bites onto the flesh of the fruit he just plucked from a tree.

In such a dangerous place, there are several fruit trees scattered around that bore poisonous fruits. However, with Kai's sufficient experience, there was no way he would be stupid enough to eat a poisonous fruit.

The team had just finished raiding a Greedy monkey lair. Kai had saw a group of monkeys eating this particular fruit and knew it wasn't poisonous. The beast in the wild were known for their sharp senses to avoid danger. For the monkeys to have use this fruit as their food sources implies that it was safe to eat.

He offered some of the fruits for the others to also munch on.

"Thank you." Sylvia accepted the plump red fruit from Kai. Seeing the others munching on it, she also took a bite.

A sweet bursting taste filled her mouth. The fruit was delicious. She made a note to give some to Asher. The little guy would surely love the taste. Joining hands with Kai, she walked towards a tree and began to pluck some of the fruits.

As the crown prince, Ian was somewhat embarrassed to pick up some fruits. But seeing that Amos didn't show any courtesy and began to pluck some fruits, his embarrassment fades away and he also joined in the picking.

The plants in the wilds are well known to grow vivaciously. Although a lot of them are quite poisonous, there are still some plants that provides huge benefits to the human body. Just like the precious herbs guarded by some territorial beasts.

The moment he had ate that red fruit, Ian felt a refreshing feeling wash over his body. The soreness on his body from their accumulated fight instantly fades into nothingness. It was truly a magical feeling.

How he wished that this fruit tree can be planted inside the city area. Yeah, this was a dilemma all planets were facing. There are abundant resources in the wilds. Majority of it being the vegetation resources. Everyone was taken by a melancholy feeling when it was found that plants in the wilds can only survive in the wilds alone. If one attempted on planting them in another location apart from the wilds, the plant would instantly wilt and die.

Some researcher had even dug back the soil from the wild to test this claim. However, the plant only lasted for a few hours before they started wilting.

It was then discovered that there was a certain substance in the air inside the wilds that serves as nutrients to this plant. Without it, the plant wouldn't be able to survive in any location.

As long as one does not replant the herbs or fruit, the plants would maintain their nutrients. It like a hibernation mode for them. But once planted in the soil, this plant will wake up from their hibernation mode ready to absorb some nutrients. But once they couldn't, it's the end for them.

Which is why planted plants from the wilds cannot be found inside the human territory.

With this, it only made the pay of a mercenary more expensive

"We should head back now. The sun is almost down. By the time we reached the hall, it would have gone dark." Tyron announced.

Everyone looked up. There were tall trees blocking the ray of light from the sky, but from the slight gap of the leaves, they could see that the sky was already darker than before.