Check On Me

Beyonce Pov

I was laying down on my bed with nothing but my panties and a long t-shirt on. I was bored out my mind being alone in this big ass house.

The kids were with my mom for the day and wouldn't be back until tomorrow afternoon.

Shawn has been gone for the past week handling something in New York. I wasn't too sold on what he was doing, but I've decided that the more I look into his actions, the more I get hurt.

It pissed me off that he hasn't called to check on me or the kids since he's been gone, but he can post some bullshit on his social media pages.

I scrolled through Instagram on my private account when I saw a video that made my stomach turn.

And no, it's probably not what you're thinking. Well, maybe I should say who.

It was a random fan account that popped up on my feed. The post showed Megan, a friend that I have become very close with, at a halloween party.

She was pouring liquor down Victoria Monet's throat and it definitely looked a little sexual.

Megan invited me to her party, but I obviously didn't go. Shawn asked me not to, and like the good little delusional superstar housewife I am, I listened.

I looked at the caption on the post and it read: 'I need them to get together immediately!!'

I rolled my eyes. That girl doesn't even know the first thing about Megan like I do. She doesn't what makes her laugh or gets her blushing like I do.

But what if Megan makes her feel all the things that she makes me feel.

What if Megan texts her all day everyday? What if Megan thinks about her all the time? What if they had sex?

Okay Bey, calm down. You're married. Plus, Megan will never see you the way that you see her.

I let out a loud sigh and ran my hands through my hair.

My stomach growled and I realized I hadn't eaten anything today. I decided to get up and go grab one of Rumi's fruit snacks from the pantry.

She wouldn't notice right?

I put on some socks and grabbed my phone then headed down the stairs.

As I was walking, my phone started buzzing. I looked at it to see who was calling and I immediately smiled before answering it.

"Hellooo," I said happily. "Hey Bey, how are you?" Megan asked and I could hear her smile through her voice.

"I'm doing good. How about you?" I asked and made my way into the kitchen. I leaned against the center island as I listened to Megan talk.

"I feel amazing now that I hear your voice. Are you okay? Have you eaten today?" she asked me and my heart felt like it grew wings and started flying around my chest.

"No, not yet. I was getting ready to eat a fruit snack," I said and I heard her smack her lips. Here we go.

"Bey, that ain't food. You could've ordered something or have someone make you food. Plus, why you touching my baby's fruit snacks? Don't say shit when she beats your ass," Megan said and I busted out laughing. And no, I didn't ignore the way she called Rumi 'her baby.'

Megan had a special bond with all of my kids and it just made me fall for her even more. She always thought about them and bought them gifts.

She's been paying them a lot more attention than Shawn has in a while.

"Yeah, yeah. I will order something later," I shrugged. "Nah don't worry about it. Just open the door," she said and my eyebrows furrowed as the doorbell rung.