𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, peace and quiet

𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚣 & 𝚓𝚞𝚍𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚑𝚊𝚖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

I'm sitting in my room, feeling a mixture of anticipation and nerves as I watch the seconds tick by on the digital clock mounted on the wall. I've been ready for what feels like an eternity, checking my phone every so often, knowing that Jude is supposed to come pick me up in just 5 minutes. The time seems to be moving impossibly slowly. I find it difficult to sit still on my neatly made bed, my emotions a whirlwind of excitement and apprehension.

It's been quite some time since I've been on a date, particularly a first date, and I can't deny the flutter of nerves in my stomach. However, I remind myself to stay calm and collected. This will be our second meeting, and I take comfort in the fact that our conversations have flowed naturally and effortlessly. Even so, I can't help but wonder if I'll be able to keep up the easy banter in person, despite the many interactions we've had since I gave him my number.

The girls have been so supportive, meticulously helping me do my makeup, style my hair, and choose the perfect outfit for the evening. Their help has been invaluable, and I find myself so grateful to have them. I realize that without their reassurances and encouragement, I might have allowed uncertainty to override my excitement, possibly even considering canceling the date.

Jude has been rather enigmatic about our plans, simply telling me that there's no need to dress up in fancy attire and suggesting that I opt for comfortable clothes. Thus, I've settled on my favorite white sundress adorned with delicate flower designs. The dress feels as familiar and comforting as an old friend, and I know that I've made the perfect choice. I apply just a touch of makeup, preferring a natural look, and I've styled my hair into loose, carefree waves. The end result makes me feel confident and ready for the evening ahead.

As I'm lost in my thoughts, my phone suddenly buzzes, jolting me back to the present moment. I glance down at the screen and notice that Jude has messaged me, informing me that he's waiting in front of my house. With a quick, reassuring look in the mirror, I deftly reapply my lip gloss and make my way out of the house, feeling a surge of confidence as I step into the warm evening. I'm immensely relieved to find that my family and friends have already left for a bowling outing, sparing me any potentially awkward moments. If they were still here, they likely would have insisted on meeting Jude, an encounter I'm pleased to avoid for the time being. I silently express my gratitude to Bella and Tracy for including my parents in their plans.

I stood at the door and locked it securely before turning around. That's when I noticed Jude, impeccably dressed in white pants and a light blue shirt, looking effortlessly suave next to his shining BMW. His bright smile radiated a summer charm as he turned his gaze towards me.

"Hi," I murmured, feeling uncertain about how to greet him. Should I go for a kiss on the cheek, or maybe a warm hug?

"Hi, Amelia," Jude greeted me with a gentle kiss on the cheek, instantly making me smile as he graciously opened the car door for me. His thoughtful gesture earned him some points to the pros side.

After circling the car with effortless grace, he settled into the driver's seat and started the engine. "So, where are you taking me?" I inquired as we set off, curious about our mystery destination.

"You'll find out soon. I can tell you it's not an usual spot, but I hope you'll like it. I wanted to make it special," he said, keeping the details shrouded in mystery.