Chapter 1

"Riq slow down you walking too fast, I'm tired," I said

"Girl hurry your ass, neither one of us can miss curfew again or that would be our ass and you know your grandma will kill us both even if I'm not her grandchild," Riq said as he walked swiftly

Sometimes I think he's more scared of her than anybody and I don't see how she's the sweetest person in the world, don't get me wrong she will get you together but she is still sweet.

"Boy she ain't going to say nothing," I said as I rolled my eyes

"Naw but she will be disappointed in us," Riq said

Soon as we made it to our block, I heard my phone ringing "Hello" I answered

"Porsha," my grandmother said into the phone

"Ma'am" I answered

"I know you are on your way home, but I need you to stop at the store for some butter, milk, and eggs," she said sweetly

"Okay, well I gotta come home and get the money first I left my wallet on my bed," I said

"I got some money," Riq said

"Okay it's settled, tell Tyriq I will pay him when yall get here," my grandma said as she got off the phone

"Whew for a min I thought she was about to cuss us out," Riq said feeling relieved "I can't wait to see what's for dinner, cause a muthafucka hungry," he said as he pulled up his sagging pants

"Yeah, I am too," I said as we made our way to the store

See me and Riq whose name is Tyriq Salvatore have been friends, basically, our whole lives we were best friends. We have been friends since we were five he has stayed next door to my grandma all his life, I moved with my grandmother once I was five due to my mother's drug problem. It's always been me, Riq, my grandma Tina, and well sometimes his dad. See Riq's father Big Riq took care of him, but he was always gone so my grandmother looked after him because as she say "That nigga don't know shit about raising no little man", his dad and my grandma never really got along because of what he did for a living but just as my grandmother looked after his son without him asking, he made sure we were straight without her asking. Tyriq's mom died while giving birth to him and his dad took on the responsibility and decided to do everything himself, after he was able to take his son from the hospital, he left Chicago and moved here to Michigan next door to my grandmother with his mother. His mother died 3 years after they moved in due to cancer. Well now you know a little bit about Tyriq, I guess it's time I tell you a little about me. I'm Porsha Biggs I'm currently being raised by my grandmother, my mother Gina is in and out of my life since she's an addict, and my father whomever that nigga is, is nowhere to be found. My grandmother took me in when I was about to go to foster care when I was five, that is also the first time she ever heard anything about her having a grandchild. See she and my mother never really got along my grandmother tried to raise her to the best of her abilities and only had/ have 2 rules that were to be followed go to school and be respectful of her house. My mom wanted to be in the streets and fight and do drugs so my grandma told her to leave but that's when my mom was 18. She left and my grandmother didn't hear from her till she received a phone call about picking me up. When my grandmother got me, I didn't see my mom anymore till my 13thbirthday, my grandmother welcomed her back with open arms but she left after a month. Now it's a normal thing for her to come and go as she pleases, I think my grandmother is tired at this point and just doesn't have the fight in her anymore so she lets her. I, on the other hand, don't have any words for my mom, I mean I love her and I respect her even doe she does coke and I'm not her main priority, I was taught to respect my elders. Whenever I see her, she always stops me and hugs me and says "Po Po you know you are my greatest accomplishment" this always makes me feel special and loved by her.