Chapter 8

Damn it's hard to believe I'm in 10th grade already, it seems like time is going by so fast. Me and John are sort of kind of a thing, I mean everyone thinks we are dating but we are not we just enjoying each other time. As we got to know each other more John finally told me why he always had to leave when we are hanging out, well it turns out John has a little girl, and he and his child's mother moved down here with his family. At first, I was a little mad at him because I felt like he was trying to hide it from me and was only telling me because he was about to get caught. He explained that he doesn't just go around putting his business out there and sharing his most prized possession with everyone wasn't something he was too fond of, he also assured me that he in his child's mother Jaslene was no longer interested in each other. Even doe I believed him, I still am protecting my heart because I don't think I could handle being heartbroken again. So even though I had strong feelings for John we was still not intimate, and he respected my wishes. I didn't want to go further until he was on better terms with his child's mother anyway. They both had some type of deep-rooted hate for each other, I'm not sure how they even liked each other long enough to have a baby with each other at all. I can't see myself being with someone that doesn't have respect for the person that held their child for 9 months and still go over and beyond for their child to make sure she is good no matter what. With all that being said me and Tyriq have grown apart, ever since last year when we went to the movies we don't talk as much. I try talking to him but it's not the same, it's like he cares but doesn't. I even tried to apologize for telling him to leave me alone for good, but it did nothing. He still is at my house all the time most of the time in the front room with Mema and or my mom chilling with them, or chilling in my room playing the game without paying me any attention. He still drives me everywhere and makes me feel like I'm still the number 1 girl in his life, he even let me take the truck on my dates most times. Which is crazy to me because I thought he would flip out when me and John went on our first official date, but instead he's been surprisingly cool about me and the whole guy situation. Since that day he has not flirted or tried to have sex with me, which was fine by me. I have caught him on many occasions staring at me and in Mika's words undressing me with his eyes, but once he sees that he was caught he just smirks licks his lips, and moves on. Deep in my thought I barely heard the knock at my door.

"Yeah" I answered

"You dressed" Tyriq said

"Yeah, come in" I said as I put on lip gloss

This last week Tyriq has been talking to me more and more, he even started using the door instead of climbing in my window now. Tyriq came in and gave me a quick smile as he sat on my bed

"So, you sure you don't want to ride to the party with me" he asked

"Yeah, it's cool I'ma ride with Mika since I told her I would help her with her outfit" I answered

"Aye man is that my flannel....and my pants" he asked looking me up and down

"Yeah, I needed big pants to fold over for my costume" I explained

"Nigga is them my glasses" he asked taking the glasses off my head

"No, they my glasses, that you stole that I stole back" I said as I took them back from him

"Well, I know for sure them my damn drawers you got on" He said shaking his head "Is none of my wardrobe off limits to you. I mean who you supposed to be anyway, a Mexican" he asked

"First off these are your underwear, but they are out of the new pack in your drawer and I'm Aaliyah duh, you see with scarf and straight hair the open flannel and belly shirt, and big pants" I said pulling the glasses over my eyes and doing a 360

"Oh well I guess if you say so" he laughed

"Shut up, who you going as.... Oh, let me guess a Mexican too" I laughed