Eins

The sky seems a little sad today, the humidity is telling me that it's time for me to go home. Napahinga ako ng malalim, i don't want to go home. Home feels so empty but at least it's peaceful because i'm away from my vulture parents. This is my only freedom and i don't want them to rob these moments away from me too.

The sky reminds me of her. Cold, distant and beyond my reach. The only things i can never get, always be reminder that even though i was born with a golden spoon i will never get everything in life just because i am rich. Well, sort of. My parents are rich, not me.

Admiring her from afar has made a master of the field. I watch her grow, mature and became the person she wanted to be ever since. I supported her, cheered for her and prayed her safety always. She knows me, yes she does but we've always been distant to each other. She prioritize her career more and i get that, i did not stand in the way. She wants it and she will get it. There is no one stopping her.

I had a long day in the office. I have my own business, blood and sweat i manage to put up one. I did not rely on my parent's wealth, this is my own company. Though i've reach my dreams as well, it did not stop my parents from traumatizing me all over again. They never see me as an adult, i will always be that kid. The same one whom they said that ruins their reputation because i am gay. The same one whom they don't want in every gathering because they don't want to answer such scandalous questions. The same one who is still rooting for them to be okay even though they disown me. That kid who tries every bit of her power to stay away from them to be free but they still manage to drag down and made everything about them. It's all about them, it was never about me. The pain i endured all these years have been taunting me, hunting me and giving me sleepless nights. When will I'll be able to break free? Was i too soft?

With that thought, i got up from the bench and decided to drive home. The silent buzz of few cars never bothers me, i drive silently as my thoughts still lost somewhere. The ambiance relaxes my stiff muscles. Maybe Mikha is awake and i can invite her to drink in my place. The best friend medal should be granted to her since she's been with me thru everything.

I decided to call her.

Hey bud, you awake?

Yes, what's up? Something wrong?

Naahh, nothing. Just the usual. Mind having a drink at my place?

Why there? Why not xylo?

Too crowded--

Yep, I know, you don't like people. Be right there bud. See you.

This is what i admire about her, i don't need to pretend. I don't need to act tough, she knows me even more i know myself. The sister i never had.
I arrived at my condo, I prepared the beer, my bud and me are fun of beers. We never really like the strong liquor that would make us swear to never taste alcohol again. Besides the beer's aftermath is more tolerable than any other drinks. 20 minutes more and i heard a knock at my door.

Hey, come in. I prepared everything already.

Yun. Kailangan ko din to ngayon eh, i was about to call you too but you beat me to it.

Why? May nangyari ba?

Well, it's about Aiah. I was rejected yesterday. I don't get her bud, she said she loves me but why reject me though?.

Have you asked her why? Maybe there is a reason why she did what she did.

Natakot akong magtanong bigla eh. Baka hindi ko kayanin ang reason. Dapat ba tinanong ko?

Ou. If you did, maybe you won't be overthinking now. You know what? Call her first thing in the morning and maybe she is just waiting for you to ask.