Drei

It's been weeks and there is still no progress, i feel like we are just wasting time by not asking Gab's mom directly, i stressed out all the possibilities but i always came up with nothing. Each plan we execute correctly but in the end it shatters our hope all over again. I hope wherever Gab is, she is holding on. Please let her be okay, i was getting frustrated by each reports from our private detectives, failure by failure filed up in my face adding more heaviness into my drowning heart. But i can't give up now, she needs me. This time I'll be the one saving her, all i need to do is be brave despite being jammed by false hopes. I wish i have her courage defying her father like that, my heart could only wish that she is not suffering at this moment. All the possible places that we think she would love, the places she always visits, the place where i last saw her in flesh. All of that, even the tiniest detail that she might be there, we searched it all but we always end up empty handed.

Our efforts are challenged each time we came up with nothing. I am losing my mind each time but i know i need to keep it together. Not until i remember Lourdes Virginia. Upon recollection, she was one of the reason why Gab was being held inside the mansion. I immediately dialled Mikha's number. The two of us has been close, now i get why Gab chose her to her best friend, mikha would do everything for a friend. I saw that first hand.

Miks, have you ever thought about Lourdes? What if she is behind all of this?

How could i forget that bitch, why the hell she slipped my mind? Thank you Jho, i'll instruct our detectives right away, don't worry i'll call you if i heard something from them.

Thank you miks.

We should not waste any more time, it's running out for us. The uncertainty of Gab's disapperance and condition is scaring me to my core. The unknown has always been so scary for me. What if we are too late? What if all this time that we are looking for her, she is gone already? Ohh God, i should stop this nonsense. I can't afford to feel weak right now. I need to be tough, we need to be tough. Just like how she was brave for us.

.....

Another week has passed. I receive a call from Mikha and we agreed to meet at Gab's company. My thoughts are crowed with different scenarios, i can't help but be paranoid of everything that has been happening since. Gab's dad was convicted and sentenced to life. He is never going out, he will rot in jail. The hearing for my father's death has taken a toll on me but i'm happy nonetheless. I got what i want, now i can focus more in looking for the girl i love.

I went straight up to Gab's former office, mikha is leaning in the table while looking at the city. Aiah greeted me with a warm hug and an apologetic smile. What is going on? Mikha's silence is not a good sign for me. There is something going on that I feel like i don't want to know. The loud beating of my heart is enough for me be anxious as i wait for my girl's best friend to say something. I was shocked when she finally face towards me, her eyes is swollen from crying. This made me even more tense.

Miks? What is going on? You're scaring me.

What I'm about to tell you may shatter your heart even more. Me telling you this is a confirmation of what we are trying to avoid in the first place. You have to prepare yourself Jho. Leave your car here and i'll take you to her.

No miks, tell me now. Please don't make this hard for me..is she alive?

It's better if I'll just show you. I can't even compose the right words that would make it sound like it's just nothing. Aiah will be driving for us, i don't think I can when i'm too distracted to even turn on the ignition.

I could not do anything but to follow them. The 3 of us have been silent. The drive seems so long. I don't know if i want to reach there fast or make the car slower. I'm too scared, what are they gonna show me? Is it so bad that mikha can't even say it? I intertwine my hands, my palm is sweating. I can't comprehend in my mind what's happening because maybe i was avoiding the truth in front of me. I don't want to conclude not unless I'll see what they are referring to. The thoughts in my head invades every corner of my brain when the car finally put to halt. I don't want to go out from here but i know i need to. I've been waiting for this moment and yet i feel like i wanna run away from it.