Viel

The days went by smoothly, Gab has been amazing with her therapy. Determination and perseverance is written all over her face, she looks beaten up and all sweaty from trying to take a step further. This is what i'm complaining about, she forget that she just woke up from a coma and yet she pushes herself to the extend that her legs almost gave up. If this goes like this every session she will overdo it. I know o need to do something.

Gab, stop. That's enough. You're done for today, why won't you listen to your therapist.

I can still do it Jho. Hayaan mo na ako.

Hindi na nga eh, pagod kana. May susunod pa naman, wag mong pwersahin yung katawan mo.

Kaya ko nga db? Let me go.

Hindi mo ba alam na sa ginagawa mo eh lalo ka lang mahihirapan? Bakit ang tigas ng ulo mo?

The anger is evident in my voice that it shows in my face. Why won't she listen? Kapakanan lang naman niya ang iniisip ko. Pinaglihi ba to sa bato? Napatigas ng ulo. I stare into her eyes and held my gaze letting her know that i won't take shits anymore. I guess that worked, she sighed and nod her head.

Okay. I'm sorry, i was driven by the willingness to walk so bad and i oversee the possible damage along the way. Let's call it a day.

I silently led her wheelchair away, i'm not mad at her  naiinis lang ako sa tigas ng bungo neto.

Are you mad?

Nagtanong pa talaga. She knows me so well, i don't need to say anything.

Hindi naman. Naiinis lang ako sa tigas ng ulo mo.

I'm sorry. Hindi na mauulit, i promise. I'll stop next time if ramdam ko na yung pagod.

It's okay. Mabuti naman kung ganun.

Uhm..Jhoana Christine?

I tensed up when i heard my full name. Sinasabi niya lang yun kapag seryoso ang sasabihin niya. What is it? Kinabahan tuloy ako. We reached the parking area and looked at her.

Yes? May problema ba?

Wala nman. I just want to ask if you uhm maybe you can spare a little time to have a date with me?

Putek. Di ko inasahan yun ah, i was caught off guard. I know i'm blushing right now.

Uhm? Jhoana? Magbublush ka na lang ba? I'm waiting for your answer.

Ha? Anong sabi mo?

As far as i can remember hindi ka naman bingi, will you go to a date with me? Ayan, i said it slower this time, narinig mo ba ng maigi?

I slap her shoulder, kikiligin na sana ako kaso tinawag ba naman akong bingi eh i was just trying to confirm if i heard it right.

You don't need to ask, it's always a yes for you Gab. Alam mo yan.

Okay. Akala ko paghihintayin mo pa ako ng matagal eh, naumid kasi bigla dila mo. Do you want me to check it?

Huh? Check what?

Your tongue.

What the hell Gab, loko-loko ka talaga. Nagulat lang naman kasi ako. Kung ano-ano naman sinabi mo jan. Tara na nga baka masapak pa kita.

I was just joking Jhoana. High blood ka naman agad eh pero ayaw mo ba talaga e check ko?

Tumahimik ka. Ilalaglag kita dito sa sasakyan pag di mo tinikom yang bibig mo.