Chapter one, How it all started

I was watching as the trees fly by, out the window. I'm lost in thought untill my Mother looks away from the road and turms to me.

"Alice, are you alright?" She asks, genuinely concerned. I give her a little nod, not wanting to elaborate.

Ever since I learned we were moving across the country my stomach has been in knots. Im straight up just terrified of flying.

My mom, Andrea, knows this. Being a therapist, she continusly tells me everything will be fine. But my anxiety gets the best of me, so I look back out the window thinking of all the friends I've left behind.

"Are you hungry? I don't think I saw you eat breakfast."

"I'm fine mom, thanks"

She's definitely disappointed in my lack on conversation, but I can't seem to look her in the eye. Let alone have a whole conversation without bursting into tears, screaming at her.

"Think of the bright side, okay? We're done with you're fathers abusiveness and we're on our way to a knew fresh start!"

"Yeah, I'm so excited about leaving my life long best friend, Emily. While being even more excited by leaving the best boyfriend in the world to move to the other side of the country, yay!" I feel bad for being to sarcastic, but it honestly hurts to leave my life behind...