Mosquito.

Mosquitoes. You either love 'em or you hate 'em. Except no one loves them. They kill people. They spread germs and leave bug bites. Anyone who has a soft spot for such a bug is crazy. So when Dazai walked up to me asking why I don't like mosquitoes, I dreaded the possibility that he was going to argue about why they're necessary for the ecosystem. Which I'm ninety percent sure they aren't. My response to such a question was "They aren't helpful."

"They aren't helpful, you say..." I half expected him to argue about how the world would collapse without him, but he didn't. "There's a mosquito on you right now. Why not kill it?" he instead asked.

"Because I'm not helpful either," was my response. Of course I was like this even in my dreams. Less than a mosquito. I don't know why Dazai haunts each and every one of my dreams. I don't mind it though. Except when he opens up portals to hell and wakes me up while still not being real. But even then, I don't mind too much.

He said nothing, merely nodding in response. I as well said nothing. The Dazai in my dreams wasn't very in character. As if he was merely a lookalike. I couldn't be more grateful to have not killed the mosquito, however. And there's a good reason. A reason that most of you reading would deem a good reason not to kill such a useless bug.