Rating game

In the moments leading up to the intense Rating Game, the atmosphere within the Hyoudou household was charged with anticipation. Issei sat in his room, mentally preparing himself for the upcoming battle against Riser and his formidable team. The weight of the challenge ahead bore down on him, but he knew he couldn't falter—not when so much was at stake. His thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door.

"Issei, can I come in?" Asia's gentle voice called from the other side.

Issei turned, a small smile forming on his lips. "Of course, Asia. Come on in."

Asia stepped into the room, her usual timid demeanor replaced by a look of quiet determination. She hesitated for a moment, then spoke.

"Issei, I know this Rating Game is going to be tough. Riser and his team... they're really strong." She paused, her hands clasped tightly together. "But I believe in you. I know you'll do your best for Rias and for all of us."

Issei felt a surge of warmth at her words. "Thanks, Asia. That means a lot. I won't let you or anyone else down."

Asia nodded, her expression softening. "I know you won't. You've always been there for me, for all of us. I just... I wanted to let you know that, no matter what happens, I'm grateful to have you by my side."

Before Issei could respond, his alarm clock buzzed, signaling that it was time to leave. He turned it off and stood up, offering Asia a reassuring smile.

"Let's go, Asia. It's time to show Riser what we're made of."

They left the room together, their footsteps echoing through the quiet hallways as they made their way to the Occult Research Club. When they arrived, they found the rest of the team already gathered, each member lost in their own thoughts as they prepared for the battle to come.

Rias stood at the center, her presence commanding yet calm. "Is everyone ready?"

Issei and Asia nodded in unison, joining the others in their final preparations. As they waited, the door to the clubroom opened, revealing Sona Sitri and her Queen, Tsubaki Shinra.

"Rias," Sona began, her tone formal yet supportive. "I just wanted to wish you and your team the best of luck. You've trained hard for this moment. I know you'll give it everything you've got."

Rias smiled appreciatively. "Thank you, Sona. That means a lot coming from you."

With their goodbyes exchanged, the Gremory team was soon transported to the dimension where the Rating Game would take place. As they arrived, they found themselves standing before a perfect replica of Kuoh Academy, the battlefield where their skills and resolve would be tested.

Rias immediately took charge, outlining her strategy with precision. "Akeno, Yuuto, Koneko—go and set up traps around the area. We need to be prepared for Riser's assault. Issei, I'll be unsealing part of the power I've restricted within you. You'll need every bit of strength you can muster."

As Rias released the seal, Issei felt a surge of energy course through him. It was exhilarating yet daunting, a reminder of the burden he carried. With the plan set, the team dispersed, each member heading off to fulfill their role in the coming battle.

Issei and Koneko made their way to the gymnasium, where they encountered Riser's Rook, Xuelan, and three of his Pawns, Mira, Ile, and Nel. The tension was palpable as the two sides faced off, sizing each other up.

Koneko stepped forward, her eyes narrowing. "I'll take on the Rook. You handle the Pawns, Issei."

Issei nodded, determination etched on his face. "Got it. Let's do this!"

The battle erupted into chaos as the two sides clashed. Koneko engaged Xuelan in a fierce hand-to-hand fight, their strikes echoing through the gymnasium. Meanwhile, Issei found himself outnumbered, but he quickly adapted, using the Boosted Gear's doubling ability to turn the tide in his favor.

With a confident smirk, Issei activated his newly developed technique. "Dress Break!"

The magic surged through the air, stripping the Pawns of their clothing and leaving them immobilized in embarrassment. Koneko, having successfully subdued Xuelan, shot Issei a look of disgust.

"Really, Issei? Do you always have to use such a perverted move?"

Issei scratched his head sheepishly. "It works, doesn't it?"

Their banter was cut short as Akeno unleashed a devastating attack, obliterating the gymnasium and ensuring the defeat of Riser's four servants. The two regrouped, ready to move on to the next phase of their plan.

But as they ventured deeper into the battlefield, they were suddenly blindsided by an explosion. Koneko was caught in the blast and sent flying, her form vanishing into the smoke.

"Koneko!" Issei shouted, his heart sinking. He raced towards the source of the explosion, fear gripping him.

But as the smoke cleared, a figure emerged, standing tall and unscathed. It was Koneko, but she was different. She was clad in a yellow suit, her eyes fierce with resolve.

 She was clad in a yellow suit, her eyes fierce with resolve

Issei's eyes widened in shock. "Koneko...?"

Koneko smirked, cracking her knuckles"

The sight of Koneko in her new form filled Issei with renewed hope. He grinned, the fire in his heart reigniting.

"Diligence day by day, refining my heart. Honest Heart. GekiYellow!"

"Bring it on!" Koneko shouted, her voice echoing with confidence and strength

The chapter ended with Issei standing by Koneko's side, ready for the battles yet to come, knowing that with allies like her, they stood a fighting chance against even the fiercest of enemies.