Chapter 58 Storyline U.S. (Part 9)

I sat on the bank of the pond for a very long time and thought about everything in the world. My impulse was mine, not like before — inspired by... something. I just felt wrong, empty, and I wanted to fill it, and the barriers the shamans had broken to the spirit worlds provided enough magic to fulfill that desire. The spirit's words clarified some things and made me think about some things. I was also convinced that I had decided not to stay in Russia.

Everything is fine there, there is no void, and the gods and spirits still walk among the people. Everything is as it should be. Of course, the Magi are treacherous, and if I had stayed there, they would have interfered in my affairs forever, their power cannot be weak. On the other hand, they are the ones who have been supporting life and nature in Russia for thousands of years. Why are the central regions of the USA dry and barren? Yes, because the Indian tribes were beaten by the whites, and their strength is hardly enough on the coasts of the continent, where they settled in the main mass. Why can't I settle in South America? Now I understand. Have you seen the Amazon jungle? That's what I mean. I can't imagine how many sorcerers and shamans there are. The standard of living is low?

Well, everything is explainable here: when there are more people living on a piece of land than it is realistic to feed, then either famine begins, or, like in China, the soil quickly degrades and turns to sand. Russia is a good country, and the people are not bad, but they need strong, honest leaders and a powerful IDEA. But it's the same everywhere. In Japan, where I have lived for so long, the emperor sits and plays against his own subjects, catching fish in troubled waters, and as soon as the mud settles, he stirs it up again with a slight movement.

Why? So that they can fight each other and not invent coups — Divide and conquer! — Ancient wisdom. I don't understand what is going on in the USA, I don't have much information. If in Russia there is a strange, in some places no logic system, where aristocracy and common people live side by side, and there is no serfdom, and the power of the magical side is strong and effective. Then, looking at the magical world of the USA, I see the most ordinary America with FBI, CIA, NSA and masses, or who is there "world government". Whatever, I have never been interested in conspiracy theories. So, here you can observe a flourishing system of police regime, with a hard press of the people in terms of educating views, hiding and nurturing obedient and loyal professionals, and so on.

Even in strict Germany I managed to buy some interesting books, although it is not the widest market of Russia, but also not the USA. On the other hand, people live well: they are fed, clothed, healthy, have fun, but they are hardly suited for real magic, because they have very limited information and education. The masses are indifferent to the mundane but no less magical wonders, including those available to them. And these are magicians, sorcerers?

Now I see what Mstislav warned me about — the "culture" of consumption, the cult of the dollar. I hope it doesn't happen in Japan, or I'll really come back and start shedding blood....a lot of blood. Whatever happens, but the mystical world of Japan has become especially dear to me, its beauty, wonders, unlimited versatility, all this cannot leave indifferent. All this fascinates me, sprouts in my soul, and binds me forever with its sly, charming smile, similar to the smile of the kitsune. I think the second flag of Japan, the mystical part of it, could well be the kitsune mask — it would perfectly and subtly hint at "thick" circumstances.

As dawn broke, I welcomed the new day by feeding the little spirits a large sweet apple. Somewhere in the distance I heard a long chant with a melodious female voice, which was gradually joined by a dozen others, no less beautiful and enchanting. I didn't understand the words, but I couldn't help noticing the green sparks in the air, the ripples in the spiritual plane, the circles of little spirits. Under the song of many voices, all the greenery seemed to shake, yawn and stretch, awakening, flowers bloomed, trees swayed with green branches, smelling the sweet aromas of blossoming.