Chapter 33 A Walk in the City

Three and a half months later.

Four broken legs, three broken left arms and two broken right arms, five broken ribs and once my jaw. Scrapes and bruises, hematomas and sprains are my reality. In short, there are few differences from life in the Miyazaki clan, as well as training, and mage medicine has always been the best. At first, I was suspicious of such a magical effect as an "after-effect". Well, or whatever it's called. In short, when injuries suffered in youth turn a person into a wreck in middle age, with eternal swelling of joints and pain in bones and muscles.

But caring lamia (it turned out that since the beginning of active trade between continents, and magical creatures began to migrate around the world, so lamia — Indian "demon", living quietly in Japan) enlightened me. No, magic is not a "cure for everything". Mages also leave scars, various diseases occur, and mages age, though less than ordinary people. There are rules, nuances, and exceptions, just like everywhere else, even though magic makes mages stronger and better, but not absolutely.

As for treatment, magical medicine can perform amazing miracles, including growing lost organs and limbs, transplants from unsuitable donors, and so on. Again, nuances: magical intervention, causing harm by magic, is of two types: with and without energy interference. In the first case, it is very difficult to correct the injuries, sometimes — impossible. In the second case, everything depends on your wallet and views on life. Why this? It's simple. Some ways and methods of treatment are "dark" — that is, if you divide all magic into dark and light, which is nonsense and a duck for the uneducated masses.

The division undoubtedly exists, but on a broader spectrum that includes order, chaos, light, darkness, elements, and so on. Also, adepts of one branch of magic cannot be considered villains just because they belong to one form. I will not go into the labyrinth — it is VERY long and many will be bored, I will only say that the section of magic only begins to affect the adept when he is too immersed in the higher rituals and pure energy. Then, yes, a terrible distortion of the personality under a certain "ideal" psychotype corresponding to the section begins. If you stay out of it, and it's mostly not mortal magic, you'll be fine.

Okay, I've gotten a little far away, but I wanted to talk briefly about my time at Mystic Kyoto. Anyway, they took me seriously, but the emphasis was on combat skills: unarmed, with weapons, with magic, and all of the above. It turned out that I'm not a very good fighter, in the sense that I have a great base and enough strength, but that's not enough to fight with a trained fighter of any specificity. I was given a bunch of basics, with a bias towards close combat, but my current ceiling is an average journeyman of any combat (close, medium, far), but I'd better run away from a strong journeyman. Yes, fighting untrained fighters is one thing, it raises self-esteem and self-importance, but when a not-so-strong but experienced opponent starts wiping the floor with you, it gets terribly frustrating.

And also kind of comforting: "You're still a kid, there's plenty of time — you'll learn...". So I freaked out, I freaked out, I growled at everyone (really started to growl), but I had to get over myself and listen and obey in class. I had to put up with stupid jokes and ridicule, to hold back, because when I snapped, I was mocked and rolled in the dust and mocked again. I want to say that my character was never too calm or too obedient, and then there are hormones at full speed. I felt that I had reached my limit, so I used what I had learned here in the first month of magic — illusions and magic.

After spending a lot of energy, I cast the strongest sleep spells and left Kyoto, and in a few hours I was in Tokyo. By the way, there is only one small hidden magic district in Tokyo, only ten blocks, but that was not my goal, I just had a goal to walk around, have a good time, a break from retards with retarded teaching methods. Especially since my mother and I weren't even officially wanted, and we could have avoided the trouble, but my mother got it into her head that we had to hurry, and this was the result.