Chapter I : Arrival

heyyo! this is your writer, Gen speaking. I just want to say that I'm truly happy that you chose to read this fiction! I don't have any experience in writing at all so I apologize if the grammar gets pretty wonky and it suddenly gets out of context. enjoyy~

Kiku had recently stepped out of the plane cabin and now waiting to pick up his suitcase from the baggage claim, it would take a long time since there were other belongings that needed to be picked up by the passengers who had boarded the flight with Kiku.

Kiku's POV:

I glanced down at the conveyor belt as belongings passed me, patiently waiting for my suitcase to show up. it was not long until my phone suddenly let out a short "ding", indicating that a notification had popped up. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and gazed at the screen, seems like it was a notification from Alfred.

"sup dude! I've just arrived at the parking lot, have you landed in New York yet?" says the message inside of the notification box. I clicked on it and typed out a reply before hitting send,

"yes, I'm just waiting for my suitcase." the message said.

It was less than a minute before another notification popped up on my screen, Alfred replied.

"I'll be waiting for you at the Starbucks near the east lobby. see ya there, Kiku!"

I chuckled slightly and turned off my phone when my suitcase showed up. Perfect timing, my legs were starting to get a bit tired from all the waiting. (to be specific, Kiku had to wait for one hour and a half just to pick his belongings up from the baggage claim.) I grabbed the handle and lifted it up before setting it down on the ground. I pulled out my phone and turned it on, opening messages and clicked on Alfred's chat to remind him that I'd be on my way there.

A few minutes had passed and I finally arrived, standing in front of the entrance to Starbucks. I opened the door and stepped in, glancing around the room in search of a certain American. And there he is, Alfred F Jones sitting on a stool, looking at his laptop whilst drinking... coffee? seems like it.

Alfred's POV:

I glanced towards the screen as my hand was placed on the mouse, and the other on the keyboard of my laptop. I leaned back towards the chair, hell my ass was starting to hurt from how long I've been sitting here for. Well only 20 minutes actually but still, I'm starting to feel slight discomfort from sitting on a wooden chair for that long.

I wrapped one of my hands around the cup of coffee I'd just bought and took a sip, feeling the hot and buttery sensation flow to the back of my throat. But as I was savoring the warm sensation of my coffee, I flinched and choked slightly at the sound of Kiku calling my name, "Hey Alfred!" Kiku waved his hands, trying to get my attention.

I quickly swallowed the liquid that was stuck in my throat and coughed slightly, before looking at Kiku. "Damn dude I was just sipping coffee and you decided to greet me? can't you like- wait for me to finish drinking this first-??" I coughed out once more, wiping the corner of my mouth before glancing at Kiku with a startled expression.

Kiku sighed, scratching the back of his neck as he avoided my gaze. "I apologize, Alfred- I was just trying to spot you by calling your name." He replied, it's clear that he was guilty by just hearing his voice.

"...It's okay, just.. Don't do it again." I dismissed. but continued speaking, "Do you want to grab anything before we go to my place?" I asked.

Kiku looked at me and shook his head, "No thanks, I'm good." he said with a calm yet sheepish voice.

I nodded and tidied my stuff up, before standing up to my feet and walked up to Kiku.

"So we're good now? you didn't leave your stuff or anythin'?" I asked, JUST to make sure that when we were 30 minutes into the ride and Kiku suddenly asked me to go back to the airport just because he left some stuff behind.

"Double-checked, everything is complete." Kiku responded, looking at his bag full of god knows what and returned his gaze to mine.

"Alright, let's get goin' then. It's almost nighttime, I have some ideas we could do when we're back at my place." I added before walking out of Starbucks and to the parking lot, with Kiku following behind me.

TIMESKIP TO WHEN THEY'RE IN THE CAR

Kiku's POV:

I fiddled with my index & thumb as I looked out the window of the car door as trees & more trees passed, feeling slightly bored because of nothing to do. Feeling slightly uncomfortable from the silence that had happened since Alfred started driving, I broke it by clearing my throat, attracting Alfred's attention to me. (not entirely tho, since he had to focus on the road ahead of him.)

"So.. how have you been?" I asked calmly, still staring at the car window beside me.

"I'm fine. how 'bout you, dude?" Alfred replied and asked back to me, his gaze still focused on the road.

"I'm good, a bit tired from the flight though." I said with a soft sigh.

"Do you maybe want to grab some dinner? At McDonald's, maybe?" Alfred glanced at me curiously.

"Maybe, but I'm not really into eating junk food right now." I mentioned how I'm not into that kind of food. Honestly, It's unhealthy AND it tastes weird if you ask me. I tried eating a BigMac when I was in Tokyo and trust me, I can only eat like half of the dish. I was too full.

"Aight' if you say so, man." Alfred nodded understandingly, before taking a turn and pulling up at the garage of his house.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

Ugh finally finished!!

I don't know when I'll release chapter II but keep on the lookout!

also big thanks to grammarly for correcting some sentences, LMAO

Au revoir!