Chapter VIII: A moment I'll never forget (Kiku's POV)

Alfred paused for a bit, feeling like the words were stuck in his throat. He gulped slightly and averted his gaze from Kiku, "It's... Okay to be disgusted by my words if I tell you this but.."

...

"I like you, Kiku.." the first 3 words themselves were enough to mark a part in me. The shockness is real, my heart beats faster as I continued to look at Alfred. "You.... Do...?" I stuttered, as a faint blush crept onto my cheeks. The American sighed and furrowed his eyebrows slightly before he spoke up again, "Yeah.. I've started to fall in love with you ever since we first met at the airport, I've tried so hard to hint at my feelings with quality times and physical touch. But, eh.. what's the point anyways.." My face dropped a bit at Alfred's tone, He was serious.. I was saddened and took a step closer towards him.

"Alfred... I didn't even know you'd feel that way for me.." I murmured quietly. it was too much to process, too much. "Well I guess you know now, huh?" Alfred laughed softly, his gaze returned to me once more. "I had to confess now, Kiku.. you're leaving in a week.." He added, His eyes were glossy. As if.. He was desperately trying to hold back tears.. I widened my eyes, leaning even closer so that our bodies were pressed together. I placed my hand on Alfred's cheek, caressing it with my thumb softly..

"Hey... Don't cry.." I gently said, somehow it hurts to see Alfred in this state.. I don't know why. "I just can't hold it Kiku.." He sniffled, Blinking once as Tears formed in his eyes. "I can't..!" His voice cracks as he quickly hugged me and buried his face to my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around Alfred and patted his back, I know it's stupid to cry at a public place like Starbucks. "You wanna sit and talk about this, Al..?" I asked, pulling back slightly to look up at him. "No.. I, Just want to do something... Can I..?" He said with a hic between his words.

K- "What do you want to do..?"

Without waiting any further, Alfred pressed his lips against mine. Holy shit, he.. He's really kissing me right now.. my body froze at the sudden interaction, but slowly relaxed as I continued to gently kiss his lips. It was merely unexpected, but it felt nice.. So nice. I pulled back for air, panting from how long it took. It was probably a few seconds but, it felt like an hour had passed.

Alfred wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his forehead against mine, still sobbing quietly as he closed his eyes. "Please.." He mumbled pleadingly, begging for me to stay, but I couldn't. "Alfred I can't, I have to go back to Tokyo next week.." I replied, placing my hands on his shoulders as we stayed in this position for a bit longer, It was the best moment ever.. and I'll try my best to not forget it.

"Fine.... But I'll make every second of our last days worth it, alright..?" He spoke up, quickly kissing me again before pulling his head back to look at me. "Whatever you say." Alfred & I chuckled softly.

A- "Dinner at a sushi bar?"

K- "Does that even exist in New York??.."

A- "Google map will answer that."

Alfred snickered, taking my hand and literally dragging me to his car. "Oye Alfred I can walk on my own!!" I complained, I totally don't like it.. At all." "Nuh uh." He gently shoved me into the car before also getting in.

K-  "Hey, what was that for???"

A- "Entertainment purposes."

K- "I.. what?!"

Alfred snorted and started to drive, "You heard me." He burst out laughing the second after he said that. "This man has some nerve against his own boyfriend..!" I huffed, pouting loudly as I crossed my arms and looked away. The American smirked at the word 'Boyfriend' and teasingly whispered, "So we're official now?" I furiously blushed at Alfred's words and punched his shoulder. "Fine, yes!"

"YIPPEEEE!" Alfred spoke up happily, although wincing at the punch I gave him.

An hour had passed and we arrived at a Japanese restaurant, I suppose? "We're here!" Alfred said, turning the engines off and hastily getting out of the car in excitement. "Okay okay calm down.." I sighed heavily and got out too, flinching slightly as the car let out a loud BEEP. Signalling that the care has been locked, Oh well. "What are you scared of, dude?" Alfred playfully asked me, Intertwining our fingers once more and walked into the restaurant with myself following behind in embarrassment. "Nothing, just got jump scared by your car." I waved it off, trying to sound nonchalant but failing MISERABLY. "Yeah say that to cover your scared ass." Alfred scoffed, took a few steps to a table in a secluded corner before sitting me down and sat across me.

"Welcome! If you would like to eat, Please look at the menu first before proceeding to list your order. And if you're done, just press this button right here and I will come back to assist you two immediately." The waiter greeted us with a smile before walking away from Alfred & I's desk. "Thanks." He nodded before reaching out to grab the menu and opened it, Fascinated to see all kinds of Japanese dishes listed on the menu. "Sick..!"

"Don't eat too much." I chuckled, also looking at the menu Alfred took. Alfred shook his head and spoke up confidently, "Don't worry, babe! I'll eat this at one go." I blushed at the pet name he called me and sighed slightly. He really does have his ways in teasing me.. "Still you would be in the bathroom if you ate too much raw fish.." I said. "Nah I don't care, if I eat with you then my appetite grew into the size of Godzilla's stomach." We burst out laughing at Alfred's comment, damn he IS  funny after all-

By the time we finished eating, Alfred was groaning softly. He ate too much sashimi, and oh god maybe he's going to get sick. "Are you okay, Al?" I asked. "I think I'm gonna be sick-" Alfred wailed, gagging slightly at how full his stomach is- "I told you not to eat too much, love..!" I facepalmed, now I have to take care of this sick American again... Great. 

~TO BE CONTINUED~

50 reads? YIPPEEEEE THANK YOUU!