Chapter IV : A rainy day (first half)

1 week later

Third person POV:

Alfred sat on the couch as he played Call of Duty.  his gaze fixated on the TV screen and his hands grazed over the controller, occasionally clicking on the buttons as he played. He was so focused on winning that he didn't even notice Kiku walking into the room, "Good morning, Alfred." Kiku smiled softly. Alfred jumped slightly and relaxed as soon as he knew that was Kiku greeting him.

"Ah- Morning, Kiku!" Alfred smiled at him before glancing back at the TV screen, seeing that he had won the game. Kiku glanced at the screen and gave applause to Alfred, "Nice." He spoke. slightly smiling at the happy American. 

"Thanks, dude!" Alfred smiled back at Kiku, setting his controller down on the coffee table, and turned off the TV.

Kiku hummed and looked out the window, seeing raindrops streaming down. "It's raining outside." He spoke up. walking up to the window and stopped, putting his hand on it.

"Wait, it's raining?" My eyes widened slightly, glancing toward the window but I didn't because Kiku's body was in the way.

K- "Yeah."

A- "Oh... But I was going to take you on a walk.."

Alfred huffed, pouting, and leaned back against the couch. Kiku shook his head and let out a small chuckle, "It's fine Alfred, staying home is better than having to see people all the time." Kiku spoke up softly. Alfred rolled his eyes in amusement,

A - "Tell me you're too lazy to get your feet out of the house without telling me you are." 

K - "Well I don't want to because it's raining, stupid."

A - "How dare you???" 

Alfred glared at the Japanese man playfully. Kiku sighed softly and replied, "Bla bla bla... anyways do you have anything edible to eat.."

A - "I have Burge-"

K - "ASIDES from Junk foods???"

A - "erm, cereal-"

K - "Uhh yeah no I'll just cook for the both of us."

Alfred looked at Kiku before asking, "Wait... You don't mind?? You don't have to cook for me too, yknow.." He spoke in a soft tone. "I'm okay with it, you've eaten too much McDonald's anyways." Kiku shrugged before turning his back and walked to the kitchen to cook for Alfred. "So what's for lunch, Chef Honda?" Alfred teased playfully, looking at Kiku who was preparing the ingredients, and rested his head on his hands.

"You'll see." Kiku smiled and turned on the stove, cracking an egg and opening it on top of the pan

A few minutes later

Alfred was busy lying down on his couch, scrolling through his phone as he sighed in boredom. Kiku finished preparing lunch and called out, "Lunch is ready!". Alfred's eyes sparkled as soon as he heard his words. he stood up and walked to the dining room, the delicious scent of fried rice filling the air made Alfred's stomach grumble loudly.

The sound of Alfred's stomach caught Kiku's attention. he looked at him and stifled a laughter, "Wow the monster in your belly really IS hungry, huh-?" Kiku choked up the words, trying so hard not to burst out into laughter. "Don't be ridiculous, limey!" Alfred scowled at Kiku, putting his hands on his hips as he looked away irritatingly.

A - "Anyways what did you cook-?"

K - "Fried rice with an omelet."

A - "Neat!"

K - "Come on here and eat then." Kiku smiled and gestured for Alfred to come here.

Alfred nodded in anticipation and walked up to the dining table, sitting down on a chair with the dish ready to eat in front of him.

Kiku sat down across from Alfred, glancing at him shortly then at the food.

Alfred grabbed his spoon and scooped up a bit of the rice and put it into his mouth, it's slightly hot but delicious as fuck! he thought to himself eyes widening slightly as he took another bite.

Kiku looked at Alfred as he ate the dish slowly. swallowing the contents that were in his mouth before speaking up, "I'm glad you like it." 

A - "Of course, it's perfect to eat in a rainy noon like today."

K - "Well, soup is better but I understand what you're talking about."

A - "Right?"

They continued to eat, occasionally stealing glances from each other and having small talk. Eventually, they finished eating and tidied up their mess. whilst Alfred was washing the dishes, Kiku, who was cleaning up the table looked at Alfred for a moment before speaking up to ask. 

K - "Hey... Have you ever had a crush on someone before?"

A - "Mhm, more like dated someone though."

K - "May I ask who?"

A - "Ivan."

Kiku's eyes widened, he was not expecting Alfred's answer to be Ivan, they're biggest rival. "And.. What happened...?" Alfred looked down at the now clean dishes, feeling hesitant to answer that question. Kiku noticed and added, "You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable." Kiku gazed at Alfred.

"Well... We broke up because, well... Political reasons." Alfred muttered, his hand fiddling with the hem of his shirt. Kiku nodded understandingly, Alfred and Ivan do have a pretty wonky relationship. Sometimes they're enemies, sometimes they're friends, even they can fall in love. Alfred glanced at the window, realizing that it was still raining. "Hey, do you maybe wanna watch Netflix?" Alfred asked softly, turning his head to look at Kiku.

"Sure." Kiku nodded.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

Yeah, I actually didn't expect it to only be 900+ words but it's the first half anyways.