02

Every heart is a Cosmos of mysteries!

-Mahira-

Astagfirullah!

I looked up, making an silent complaint to allah, as the rain continued to drop on my head but within a seconds reyansh's guard came sheltering us with an umbrella. Grateful, I passed him an smile. I walked hurriedly, trying to match Reyansh’s steps with mine. Alas, it's hard this man walks like he is running a marathon. We just got down from his car while the rain couldn't stop pouring.

“Ms khan, I guess we have an meeting with majestic couture?” He asked, still walking.

Humming, I quickly opened my pad. Shuffling through the schedule. I looked up at him, “yes and after that we have to finalise the deal with them too”

He hummed, as we walked through the door of the company. The galss doors opening automatically as he entered while I followed him inside. The employees stood up to greet him while the man didn't even care to look at them and he made his way towards the elevator.

The elevator ride was silent.

It was rude of him to do that, he could atleast pass an smile or an nod would be enough but knowing this guy for last five years I know he barely shows any emotion. Now.

I’ve been working at Elite Engines for five years now. It’s a top luxury car manufacturer known for its high-performance sports cars and bespoke vehicles. The company is a big player in the industry and has a significant budget for innovation and quality. I was just an twenty year old, graduation passed out and came here searching for job. His father, advait Kapoor the CEO and founder has been an kind hearted to give me an position to assistant his son.

If only he was alive.

My chain of thoughts broke when the pinge sound of elevator jolt me up, I looked up over my shoulder to see my boss waiting for me to step out, with an raised brows.

I swalloed hard, the thoughts of past coming up.

“Mahira”

Surprised, I met his eyes.

“Yes?”

“Send me the details and presentation I told you to make” I nod, “yes sure”

“And yes-” I turned facing him frown, “Yes?”

He stood there, His hands gripping the blazer in his hands tightly, his eyes… met mine in an instant, swallowing hard he opened his lips to say something but nothing came out, I frowned at that waiting for him to say something but nothing, he just turned his face away.

“Nothing” he Muttered.

Without pestering much I turned, leaving the place to enter my cabin. It wasn't nothing, it was something or else my boss isn't a man to say non- sense things to anyone. My heart gripped hard, swallowing I opened the laptop the glowing screen made an harsh contact with my eyes, squiting it I checked over all the emails and checked the presentation before clicking an send.

If only I could carry an pillow with me.

My lower back hurts, hardly two hours have passed.

My phone rang, I frowned as Mrs Kapoor's name flashed on it.

“Hello?” I answered, unsure of what thing she must be having for me.

“Hello Mahira how are you?” The softness in her voice made an smile appeared on my lips. Quickly pushing the laptop I twirled my chair, giving an whole attention to her.